cheech

Hobie clearance sale ???

33 posts in this topic

Definitely not a scam... Especially when you consider the fact that you can't find anything related to the outdoors for a decent price right now.

 

Screenshot_20210811-073837.jpg.b8fe1d0977de26d91050effe19ac6848.jpg

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited) · Report post

They got NO info from me except my name and address. If it’s a scam, it’s PayPals problem. 

Edited by cheech

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 mins ago, tj7501 said:

That seems legit. You should definitely put in your personal and financial information on that website.

What could ever go wrong?:laugh:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, cheech said:

PayPal has been contacted and is stopping payment. It all seemed legit, the seller is not Hobie.

Wait, you weren’t joking?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited) · Report post

20 mins ago, Sportsmun said:

Really?

I’ll sell mine for brand new $50.00 shipped to your door. PM your credit card information.

Do you take PayPal, ha ha

Edited by cheech

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, cheech said:

PayPal has been contacted and is stopping payment. It all seemed legit, the seller is not Hobie.

Lucky you. I made a similar dumb purchase with the understanding that PayPal would have my back when it went south. After about five minutes of thought, I figured it wasn't worth dealing with for something that was almost certainly a scam. I couldn't cancel the payment because the seller was verified, I couldn't contact the seller because they posted a non-working email, and PayPal has no option to report a scam, so I called it a billing dispute. PayPal apparently doesn't consider a scam a billing dispute, because they denied my claim and two appeals, including a one with a screenshot of a warning from the actual company about this exact same fake seller.

 

So, I don't use PayPal any more, which used to be about weekly. I'm going to file a criminal complaint against the seller, and see if that jars anything loose.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 mins ago, ermghoti said:

Lucky you. I made a similar dumb purchase with the understanding that PayPal would have my back when it went south. After about five minutes of thought, I figured it wasn't worth dealing with for something that was almost certainly a scam. I couldn't cancel the payment because the seller was verified, I couldn't contact the seller because they posted a non-working email, and PayPal has no option to report a scam, so I called it a billing dispute. PayPal apparently doesn't consider a scam a billing dispute, because they denied my claim and two appeals, including a one with a screenshot of a warning from the actual company about this exact same fake seller.

 

So, I don't use PayPal any more, which used to be about weekly. I'm going to file a criminal complaint against the seller, and see if that jars anything loose.

Write to PayPal and say that you will be filing a complaint with the MA Attorney General's Office - Consumer Division against PayPal for verifying and allowing PayPal use by a known scammer. That should do it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 mins ago, tj7501 said:

Write to PayPal and say that you will be filing a complaint with the MA Attorney General's Office - Consumer Division against PayPal for verifying and allowing PayPal use by a known scammer. That should do it.

That's on my list too. I kicked around the idea of including them on the criminal complaint, but that strikes me as reaching.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to register here in order to participate.

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.