RAW

There still around! A beauty

Rate this topic

15 posts in this topic

35 mins ago, RAW said:

Caught last night on top water bone color darter, 23"  caught by another old guy buddy

IMG_2109.JPG

neither would  I,  7 pm in shallow water

They are all over the place this year

bumped into a guy (friend of a friend) who has a family house on an island near me, they only come up one week a year (their grandfathers place who bought it for a carton of cigarettes and $1500 from the Indians in the 1950’s, now worth millions) 

took the kids fishing and said they caught 4 salmon??????  This is close to harpswell 

showed me a pic and knew what it was 

didn’t want to spoil his forever family story 

so weird, strange cycle of life taking advantage of….(fill in the blank)

these fish were all mid twenties, fat and they caught them on small poppers?

lucky dogs 

Still looking for mine

tight lines, great stories and never let the truth spoil a great story

jim 

It sure is unusual, but fantastic, Too get them on top water is also unusual. We'll take it. Maybe the Sept. /October river returns will something fantastic. Original reports and pics I saw were in 20-25' of water, last few in 4' or less, cruisers. Flyrod buddy who did not get picture said the brown was spitting up sand eels. He was using a white deceiver.:rav:

On 8/5/2021 at 7:41 AM, RAW said:

Caught last night on top water bone color darter, 23"  caught by another old guy buddy

IMG_2109.JPG

Excuse my stupidity but you're talking mag darter or similar?  I know nothing about fly fishing and from what I gather, you're a fly fisherman (not sure if there is a certain fly called a darter).  Just trying to get clarification. :howdy:

35 mins ago, Skunkoff said:

Excuse my stupidity but you're talking mag darter or similar?  I know nothing about fly fishing and from what I gather, you're a fly fisherman (not sure if there is a certain fly called a darter).  Just trying to get clarification. :howdy:

He was using a spinning rod with a 3" top water plug bone colored ,referred to as a darter,  just wobbles back and .forth, I fly fish, sometimes with top water poppers 

43 mins ago, RAW said:

He was using a spinning rod with a 3" top water plug bone colored ,referred to as a darter,  just wobbles back and .forth, I fly fish, sometimes with top water poppers 

Thanks!