ozifish

Next best knot after the FG or PR Knot

Rate this topic

10 posts in this topic

Next best? What makes you think those are the best. My 2 cents and I do expect some change. The Alberto Knot all day long over the FG. It has worked with every braid to mono line Iv'e had to join with it. Cant say that for the FG.

Aberto 

Improved Bristol (doubled braid /loop needed ) 

I struggle with the FG for some reason. Tried every way. Line in teeth, around fingers, rod in rod holder. I gave up….

Alberto seems to work well For me. Very simple to tie and if you use nail clippers you can cut the leader tag pretty short to where it will cast pretty well even on smaller guides. 

I've tried the complicated knots, just to master them and came away with the conclusion that they are needless, time consuming, extra work.  Not (knot) necessary.  Too many time proven knots that are easier and quicker to tie.

Alberto, better than anything I’ve tried. Just make sure your loop backs align and the tag end exits the same way it entered. 

Posted (edited) · Report post

Alberto improved 99% of the time for me for braid to leader.  For running line mono to heavy shock leader for a bait heaver I use Improved Albright knot. 

Edited by dj1975232