beatonem

Jensen Beach Area?

Rate this topic

11 posts in this topic

Red tided out here on the SW coast.  Looking to make the run east.  Jensen and immediate area is  quick 2.5hr run.  Can I fish the beach in the day or only during non swimming hours.  Not familiar with the beach rules there.  I know they have lifeguards.

Appreciate any info.  Thanks in advance.

If your on a guarded beach there are signs posted in areas you cannot fish. Just walk north or south of the signs. That area can get crowded with beach goers.

Posted (edited) · Report post

On 8/5/2021 at 1:17 PM, z-man said:

Go to some of the smaller dirt beach parking areas on Hutchinson Island. There will be much less people. 

Agreed. We live just minutes from Hutchinson Isand and it’s amazing how many little beaches there are with small gravel lots. No lifeguards so not many people swimming either.

PS: my understanding is that Martin County beaches are open 24/7 but Port St Lucie County (next one up) are closed at night. However, I’ve never seen them lock the gates (they might patrol the lots after sundown).

Edited by Bass2Snook

14 hours ago, Bass2Snook said:

Agreed. We live just minutes from Hutchinson Isand and it’s amazing how many little beaches there are with small gravel lots. No lifeguards so not many people swimming either.

PS: my understanding is that Martin County beaches are open 24/7 but Port St Lucie County (next one up) are closed at night. However, I’ve never seen them lock the gates (they might patrol the lots after sundown).

Bass2Snook -- did you just move to the area?

Just wondering...  haven't driven up that far yet (be back in FL in Sept). I do Fish Hobe Sound on occasion.

10 hours ago, gman1253 said:

Bass2Snook -- did you just move to the area?

Just wondering...  haven't driven up that far yet (be back in FL in Sept). I do Fish Hobe Sound on occasion.

Sorry for the late response. We moved down here last October, not sure that qualifies as having “just” moved here but it’s fairly recent in the grand scheme of things.

So far I’ve stayed pretty close to my local area (Stuart/Hutchinson Island area), haven’t ventured far north or south. I’m really trying to dial-in my home waters as opposed to driving all over the place - same strategy I used in NY for years (with my earlier-in-life Montauk Lighthouse obsession being a glaring exception LOL).

We moved in fall of 19 after coming down for a few weeks each year in the winter. Both of our fathers lived in the area so it made sense.

A belated welcome.... :howdy: