prican1

Kids Vaccinated

Rate this topic

78 posts in this topic

Has anybody here had their child vaccinated? I personally am vaccinated but would like to hear other members opinion on this issue. We're talking about kids 12 and over. My daughter is 14.

No way I will let my kid get this vaccine at this time.

In few years, yes, but not now.

My daughter is 8 years old

1 min ago, Popasilov said:

No way I will let my kid get this vaccine at this time.

In few years, yes, but not now.

My daughter is 8 years old

Children 12 and over are only eligible, your child can't get it.

Vaccines would be better served for higher risk people than the average kid. My $.02

I think this is a better question for your kid’s doctor than a fishing forum. Covid severe illness/death risk is SIGNIFICANTLY less for kids, but it does happen. Even so, the risk of serious side effects from the vaccine are likely much less than the risk of covid, but there is certainly less data than for adults. It would end up being a risk assessment based on your child’s health and the health of people in your household, and consulting with a doctor would likely help put your mind at ease.

Now if this were an adult, I’d say the choice is obvious as there have been BILLIONS of doses given to adults  and serious side effects have been beyond rare. Easy risk assessment to make in that case.  About 40% of USA 12-15 year olds have gotten at least one shot already, so it is still a pretty significant sample size, but still not nearly as much as the older demographics.

4 mins ago, C.Robin said:

I think this is a better question for your kid’s doctor than a fishing forum. Covid severe illness/death risk is SIGNIFICANTLY less for kids, but it does happen. Even so, the risk of serious side effects from the vaccine are likely much less than the risk of covid, but there is certainly less data than for adults. It would end up being a risk assessment based on your child’s health and the health of people in your household, and consulting with a doctor would likely help put your mind at ease.

Now if this were an adult, I’d say the choice is obvious as there have been BILLIONS of doses given to adults  and serious side effects have been beyond rare. Easy risk assessment to make in that case.  About 40% of USA 12-15 year olds have gotten at least one shot already, so it is still a pretty significant sample size, but still not nearly as much as the older demographics.

Yet 

Not enough evidence yet for the FDA to approve the vaccine. That is a concern for some. 

I am going to say something else. I don’t think anyone should be vaccinated without first testing for natural antibodies due to exposure. It seems unnecessary to vaccinate people with natural immunity. Who knows how people with natural immunity are reacting to the vaccine without understanding those variable. What is the synergistic effect? 

I am vaccinated. I had side effects. Nothing major, but tinnitus for a few days and headaches for a few weeks. 

13 mins ago, ged said:

I am going to say something else. I don’t think anyone should be vaccinated without first testing for natural antibodies due to exposure. It seems unnecessary to vaccinate people with natural immunity. Who knows how people with natural immunity are reacting to the vaccine without understanding those variable. What is the synergistic effect? 

I am vaccinated. I had side effects. Nothing major, but tinnitus for a few days and headaches for a few weeks. 

Usually, if you had covid the first shot was worse than the second, vice versa the other way around. It's a personal choice for everyone to make, unfortunately, some think it fit to force it on others which isn't right. 

My 19 year old got both shots, and both times her arm blew up so much that I was 1/2 step from taking her to the ER.

It was get the shots, or not be allowed on campus, she's an adult, and I'm the only one in this house not living in fear.

I'm hoping my wife doesn't have the 14 year old get it, but she probably will.

I have a 12 year old daughter. We’re holding off on getting her vaccinated for now. The chances of kids having Covid complications are very low. Long term effects of the vaccine on young kids are still unknown. 

Millions of US residents have enjoyed incredibly healthy lives by taking the advice, recommendations and meds offered by our MDs, DOs and other medical professionals.  These same professional, with one voice, now whole-heartily recommend the COVID vaccines.  It is another victory over a killer disease which has already taken over 600,000 of our neighbors.  Let’s all of us get inoculated.  As FDR said, “We have nothing to fear but . . . . .”   Regards, GE

Posted (edited) · Report post

My granddaughter, 12, got the shots. Pfizer. Had a low grade headache the day after the second, but then OK. And she was the one who wanted it. Not forced by her parents. Good on her. 

Edited by Good2Go
additional text