KujoRasta

Boston Harbor 2021?

Rate this topic

6 posts in this topic

Hey everyone, I hope everyone's have been tight all summer! I see the North Shore and Cape Cod fishing report posts have been going off all summer.  How about Boston Harbor?  Anyone getting lucky?  

I have had some luck on my Kayak trolling around the islands catching schoolies. I found the flounder fishing non existent this year.  In June/July of last year I was crushing the flounder game.  

Posted (edited) · Report post

Worst season for me in years in terms of number of fish. Partially because I haven't gotten out as much, but it does feel like there have been less fish around the harbor this season. Other than early spring, I've seen almost none of the early morning or evening topwater schoolie feeds that are typically common throughout the summer. Perhaps the dredging and blasting activity have something to do with that? And many of my 'go-to' spots that usually hold at least a few fish have been all but barren. 

However, the last two weeks or so have been good with larger bass feeding on pogies and macs, including some slot fish in the mix as well. 

Edited by brianhfree
typo

Surfcasting has been very very hit or miss in my experience and from what I've heard from others. Heard of some nights with overs pushing bait in tight but I seem to always show up the day after they're gone. I've been doing pretty well numbers-wise from the kayak though, few overs in the mix too on light tackle have been fun. 

I haven't been getting out as much this season due to family obligations, but I have noticed there are hardly any birds around this year. Been out in the boat with the family and have seen hardly any top water action. Hopefully it picks up for the last part of the season. 

42 mins ago, KujoRasta said:

I am heading out this weekend with a friend of mine on the kayaks.  I will let everyone know how it goes!

I'll be out in the yak Saturday too

kayak.jpeg