The Riddler

New Moon August 2021

Rate this topic

44 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, The Riddler said:

I had to abandon the boat and yak. The seal owns...but not from shore. Who says a 7' rod and 300 Conquest can't get the job done in the surf? Total googan. Tackle tray for a plug bag, no where to put the pliers. Just awful. :laugh:

93F8F29B-CABB-4FB7-B9DA-714637D6045A.jpeg

nice, wonder what the weight on that was

Nice fish. All I can picture is you shooing  off the seals and clearing the area for a cast. Sometimes they spook easy and want nothing to do with ya but the older seals are too smart to pass up fish on a line and will wait it out. 

Closing out my August new moon strong. Ultimate googan tonight with a green plano box and spinning reel on a conventional rod. 
:manpig:

1E611196-E2A3-4D8A-8C96-AC3E61E3F119.jpeg

A3328119-D374-4169-AC82-FB9C93D9C539.png

B0CC1C23-EB35-4BE7-8E75-750A7683746B.jpeg

Edited by The Riddler

5 hours ago, The Riddler said:

Closing out my August new moon strong. Ultimate googan tonight with a green plano box and spinning reel on a conventional rod. 

A3328119-D374-4169-AC82-FB9C93D9C539.png

B0CC1C23-EB35-4BE7-8E75-750A7683746B.jpeg

Nice catch, that’s a cow for sure. 

Did you also flip the reel upside down? 

On 8/11/2021 at 4:08 AM, The Riddler said:

I had to abandon the boat and yak. The seal owns...but not from shore. Who says a 7' rod and 300 Conquest can't get the job done in the surf? Total googan. Tackle tray for a plug bag, no where to put the pliers. Just awful. :laugh:

93F8F29B-CABB-4FB7-B9DA-714637D6045A.jpeg

Been lurking these forums, had to sign up to say that's one of the best pics I've ever seen of a striper! What a beautiful monster!

16 hours ago, The Riddler said:

Ah, that’s how you get the seals off your scent. The seal figures this goog isn’t catching any big bass and moves on

1 hour ago, Pescador710 said:

Ah, that’s how you get the seals off your scent. The seal figures this goog isn’t catching any big bass and moves on

That seal sucks. He blows down and snorts, he rides anglers boat wakes. I hope I am there when a big shark smacks the **** out of him. There will be more sadly. 

3 hours ago, FFSmasher said:

Been lurking these forums, had to sign up to say that's one of the best pics I've ever seen of a striper! What a beautiful monster!

Thanks. Have to take the new moon with the grain of salt in my opinion. I side with others, in between moons has been equally good if not better the last few years. I enjoy fishing it, for where I go, its departure time and one of my better times to get large in the rocks before they get pulled out. If the party gets extended into September, great. I just haven't seen that in a long while. Nothing steady anyways.