The Riddler

New Moon August 2021

Rate this topic

44 posts in this topic

Is this your favorite moon phase historically or are you just speaking to what you’ve been seeing locally this year?

Based on what I’ve seen recently, I’m gonna have to agree with you. 9 inch Sluggo, needlefish, Redfin, repeat.

7 hours ago, Pickerel92 said:

Is this your favorite moon phase historically or are you just speaking to what you’ve been seeing locally this year?

Based on what I’ve seen recently, I’m gonna have to agree with you. 9 inch Sluggo, needlefish, Redfin, repeat.

I think its a good time. Prequel to the new moon was good tonight. Comms suck. 

3 hours ago, The Riddler said:

I think its a good time. Prequel to the new moon was good tonight. Comms suck. 

Yeah they’ll kill your new moon fishing if enough of them camp out on that biomass. Can’t catch em if a comm already did…

Posted (edited) · Report post

11 mins ago, Pickerel92 said:

Yeah they’ll kill your new moon fishing if enough of them camp out on that biomass. Can’t catch em if a comm already did…

We got a nice double hook up last night on plastic. :manpig: Tough to compete with eels and the comms coming right up on you but plastic can rule. They have no respect for the shore anglers, boaters or kayakers.  I use to have respect for them not anymore. 

D3272843-AD5F-47A9-8D2E-9BC593C95F44.jpeg

Edited by The Riddler

17 mins ago, The Riddler said:

We got a nice double hook up last night on plastic. :manpig: Tough to compete with eels and the comms coming right up on you but plastic can rule. They have no respect for the shore anglers. I use to have respect for them not anymore. 

Nice double. From shore even better! This past full moon was better than the June or July new moon lol.

but yeah, the majority of fish over 30 I’ve landed this year have been on unweighted soft plastics- barely casting it on my 11’. Idk why I have all this expensive wood. 

22 mins ago, The Riddler said:

We got a nice double hook up last night on plastic. :manpig: Tough to compete with eels and the comms coming right up on you but plastic can rule. They have no respect for the shore anglers, boaters or kayakers.  I use to have respect for them not anymore. 

Nice fatties! 

23 mins ago, Pickerel92 said:

Nice double. From shore even better! This past full moon was better than the June or July new moon lol.

but yeah, the majority of fish over 30 I’ve landed this year have been on unweighted soft plastics- barely casting it on my 11’. Idk why I have all this expensive wood. 

No, that was boat.

21 mins ago, Turkeybacn said:

Ugh I'll be riding the Pan Mass this weekend and miss the whole weekend 

I got roped into visiting Conway, NH this weekend with my family and in-laws to visit Santa’s village and do all the other tourist things. Can’t think of anything I’d want to do less during a new moon during the season.

4 mins ago, Pescador710 said:

I got roped into visiting Conway, NH this weekend with my family and in-laws to visit Santa’s village and do all the other tourist things. Can’t think of anything I’d want to do less during a new moon during the season.

Oof that sounds brutal. The last few years I've ridden the Pan Mass when riding the canal Saturday morning there has been blitzes all up and down the canal. With the new moon this weekend I wouldn't be surprised if it blows up again this weekend.

2 hours ago, The Riddler said:

No, that was boat.

Regardless those are some nice fish man. Last night had some weak tides and there were still large willing to put on the feedbag. Definitely a good sign!

5 hours ago, Turkeybacn said:

Ugh I'll be riding the Pan Mass this weekend and miss the whole weekend 

You get your training in?