Ted Pietz

What are Bob Hahn plugs worth these days?

5 posts in this topic

Bob Hahn holds a place in our sports history and in New Jersey folklore. 

her are some of his scarcer plugs. Any info is appreciated.

Thank you in advance for your insights,

Ted

100_8414.JPG

100_8420.JPG

100_8421.JPG

100_8422.JPG

100_8423.JPG

Posted (edited) · Report post

1 hour ago, Ted Pietz said:

Bob Hahn holds a place in our sports history and in New Jersey folklore. 

her are some of his scarcer plugs. Any info is appreciated.

Thank you in advance for your insights,

Ted

100_8414.JPG

100_8420.JPG

100_8421.JPG

100_8422.JPG

100_8423.JPG

These were not scarce.  This color was not available in his Point Pleasant plugs and was made more recently in Florida.  As someone who has sold countless Bob Hahns (I had over 500 at one time) I would say the poppers are worth $15 +/- as they were not highly sought after and didn't cast very well. The pencils were between $15 and $20 unless they were the largest size.  Then they command more money.   The surfsters are worth more if they had the older spoon lip because they had a unique action.  These are $20 to $30 each based on the fact that these were not the Point Pleasant versions.  This run was made in Florida and these were made in large quantities.  If they were the original run they would be worth possibly double that.  Of course these are subject to the buyer's discretion as he or she might be willing to pay more.  I would put the lot at $130 plus shipping.

Edited by DaveC

Of course, if you find a collector you can get more money for these if he doesn't have that size or color.  In the spring there was a guy that was paying top dollar for Hahns because he was collecting.  Most of those were the PP run and again, they had a different action.  Some of those were basswood and not pine, so that added to their uniqueness.  Do a quick search on the auction site.

Bob's 1oz plugs accounted for many a entry in my log. His Atom and Danny versions out of Point Pleasant were always one of my go to choices. At $6ea we didn't care if the wire rusted or they got waterlogged and peeled, suckers produced fish. 

10 hours ago, XBMX said:

Bob's 1oz plugs accounted for many a entry in my log. His Atom and Danny versions out of Point Pleasant were always one of my go to choices. At $6ea we didn't care if the wire rusted or they got waterlogged and peeled, suckers produced fish. 

1.5s for me. I found they swam better than the 1 ounce.