RAW

Harvesting by Viking Village NJ fleet pro's and con's?

Rate this topic

5 posts in this topic

After watching a video of the Viking Fleet NJ.harvesting, Fleets from Me., Fleets from New Brunswick, and  SWFL. its amazing there's anything left. All argue it's someone else ,not them. BUT all harvest and sell globally and can never fill the needs. Yes its big business, yes it's supposed  to be monitored??? When times are bad they are subsidized, like Maine lobster men. In watching the Viking Fleet scallop harvest, the by catch is like bulldozing the bottom. ,yes they throw back fish, but do they really?

6 hours ago, RAW said:

After watching a video of the Viking Fleet NJ.harvesting, Fleets from Me., Fleets from New Brunswick, and  SWFL. its amazing there's anything left. All argue it's someone else ,not them. BUT all harvest and sell globally and can never fill the needs. Yes its big business, yes it's supposed  to be monitored??? When times are bad they are subsidized, like Maine lobster men. In watching the Viking Fleet scallop harvest, the by catch is like bulldozing the bottom. ,yes they throw back fish, but do they really?

They throw them back - just not necessarily alive. 

The by catch and general collateral damage doesn't matter to them.  If someone's willing to pay for what they pursue they will continue to wreck havoc to get it.  Then when nothing's left they cry for government help and subsidies.

Between corona and unemployment benefits I wonder how many observers were on the commercial boats this year.

just like anything else, the goverment does not  care while they making themselves money hand over fist, and the people do. but only 1 has the power to do anything