Delmarva Fishin' Reports - August 2021

Rate this topic

luckyOC

As always, this is the place for your reports... as little or as much detail as you care to share, with hopefully a good bit less focus posted on exact spots, times, and locations. Any and all word from the local waters welcome here, and "no fish" reports are welcome as well; always good to have gotten out there at least, wasn't it? 

;)

Around this time of the year, look forward to the next couple of months....

Went out for a few minutes this afternoon. Was chasing spot and kings.  Lots of bait stealers.  Hooked three.  Landed one.  A small rockfish. Which was a surprise.  Other two got bit off on the way in.  Assuming toothy critters.  Clear water.  And warm.  Pelicans going nuts a few hundred yards out. Couldn't tell what they were on.

Was chillin' with the Fam in Bethany this weekend on a borrowed beach house. Went north of IRI to find a paid parking lot with walk-over. Schlepped umbrella's and chairs over the dune and got a nice spot near the water. What a mob. Out of probably 20 rods I was watching (not Mine) I only saw 1 small fish and a shark. Maybe 3 of those people actually changed their bait.. every other hour. :laugh:

Weekend bonus: Got a dozen of med. crabs at Tom and Terry's on a special.. $40. Fat.

Passed on 90 for Large.

Great weekend!!

Edited by 7nBait

Fished AI/VA North Side all day Saturday.  The weather was awesome, a cool wind wind and overcast.  I fished from 7:30 to 4:00 and landed one shark around 5.5 ft (It was longer than my 60" measuring tape).  Lot's of fun to fight and land but tricky to handle in the surf so I didn't stop to take a pic.  Releasing was kind of fun. No other bites on anything (Bunker, Peeler Crabs, Eeels and Blood worms).

16 hours ago, 7nBait said:

Was chillin' with the Fam in Bethany this weekend on a borrowed beach house. Went north of IRI to find a paid parking lot with walk-over. Schlepped umbrella's and chairs over the dune and got a nice spot near the water. What a mob. Out of probably 20 rods I was watching (not Mine) I only saw 1 small fish and a shark. Maybe 3 of those people actually changed their bait.. every other hour. :laugh:

Weekend bonus: Got a dozen of med. crabs at Tom and Terry's on a special.. $40. Fat.

Passed on 90 for Large.

Great weekend!!

I was also in Bethany last week with family.  Fished around the lifeguards 2 mornings and 2 evenings.  I only brought my small stuff.  Goal was to get 4 kids a fish or two...really didn't have high expectations.  I was blown away.  Couldn't get 2 rods in the water at the same time.  Tons and tons of whiting, spot, and small weakies.  It was great fun for the kids and deliciousness for the adults (and kids).  

Wish I knew about Tom and Terry's.  I really wanted crabs but no one else did and I didn't want to drop 100 on myself.  

I had a great time watching people run out of the water in pure fear of cownose rays :laugh:.  They must be on their migration because they were everywhere.

Also, telling people what sea lice were was quite entertaining (though what we were seeing were not sea lice).

Had a nice meal from the Boathouse, and everyone really liked Mancinis in Fenwick.  All in all it was a nice trip.

2 hours ago, KOSS said:

Wish I knew about Tom and Terry's.  I really wanted crabs but no one else did and I didn't want to drop 100 on myself.  

I noticed the crab place by accident.. Its was next to the liquor store.

Also drove by the Boathouse and it was packed. Locals say that's the place to go. Next time for sure.

Edited by 7nBait

9 hours ago, KOSS said:

I was also in Bethany last week with family.  Fished around the lifeguards 2 mornings and 2 evenings.  I only brought my small stuff.  Goal was to get 4 kids a fish or two...really didn't have high expectations.  I was blown away.  Couldn't get 2 rods in the water at the same time.  Tons and tons of whiting, spot, and small weakies.  It was great fun for the kids and deliciousness for the adults (and kids).  

I had a great time watching people run out of the water in pure fear of cownose rays :laugh:.  They must be on their migration because they were everywhere.

Also, telling people what sea lice were was quite entertaining (though what we were seeing were not sea lice).

Had a nice meal from the Boathouse, and everyone really liked Mancinis in Fenwick.  All in all it was a nice trip.

I was at north Bethany last week also. Fished every day. Lots of whiting, spot and some small trout thrown in. Some blues on metal. Biters and rays on the big stuff. Pretty good fishing! Early in the week the small stuff was on a long cast. By mid week they moved in a bit closer. No meat with the fish bites then no fish. Lots of fish pics but this is the best pic I have. Fantastic vacation!!!!!

IMG_20210726_175458045.jpg

AI, VA fished the beach this morning, early am to 11:30. Caught a lot of spot, I caught so many I'm still seeing spots. All on Fbbw's. I released all the spot except 2, there heads went on the 11' 3-8 rod. No bites. No Whiteing. I didn't keep the spot for eating, If I remeber right , they didn't taste that good when I tried them. Any one use them in fish Taco's ? Might get rained out tomorrow , plus winds over 20 mph. But I'll hit tge beach Thursday early.

Capt, Frank Mundus. The man, the myth, the legand.