flylikabird

Today Has Not Been A Good Day In Boston Sports

Rate this topic

11 posts in this topic

Today was pretty suxxy for the Boston GM's with deadlines up against the next

coming seasons.

Bruins lost Krejci and replace him with a bunch of third stringers.

Red Sox gather'd some third rate pitchers and a first baseman who's never played the position.....and is hurt.

Boston Celtics chose for their 45th pick in the draft some French Nudists (Along Came Polly reference....oooops)  who'll probably never get out of the D league.   

God only knows what Bill We Trust is thinking after last years debacle.   

Posted (edited) · Report post

I'm going to out on a limb here, but I believe scouts, coaches, GM, etc know a hell of a lot more about professional sports and personnel than I do. 

By the way no surprise with David K

Edited by iphish

The K-man movie doesn't really surprise me in the least.

I'm very surprised it's not happening more frequently now with Covid

for these European sports superstars.  

Hell even without the virus people just get plain homesick. ....I can totally relate.   

It happened to me in my own country.  

But as a whole I would think our GM's across the board should be a lot smaaaater.

I know they don't get very much publicity, and some people think this sport is a joke, but the Boston Renegades, womans football team just won their third consecutive Super Bowl.  

7 hours ago, lurejunkie00 said:

I know they don't get very much publicity, and some people think this sport is a joke, but the Boston Renegades, womans football team just won their third consecutive Super Bowl.  

Great for them.....seriously!!!

Sports is sports and I love to support all our locale teams.   Kudos Renegades!!!!

I was glad to see the Celtics move Tristan Thompson from the green especially after he put 

the kibosh on free agents coming to Boston last season before the deadline going into the playoffs.

....and I think he's been washed up for a while now.   

I was hoping the C's would've taken Luka Garza who was drafted by the Pistons.   DOAH!!!

giphy.gif

7 hours ago, lurejunkie00 said:

There's a women's football team, I'll be damned. Never knew that.

How much of a pay cut do you think Krejci would have accepted to stay in Boston? How long a contract would you have offered him?

Hockey is not my forte and as I admit that......there was plenty of Bruin fans chirping here in

Boston that weren't happy.   

I honestly can't answer that question DJ.   Ask someone in one of the NHL or Bruins threads.   

Now if you wanted to talk Patriots, Celtics and Red Sox, I'd be more than happy to answer a similar question

with confidence.    I just hear a bunch of Bruins chatter while listening to sports radio for my favorite 3 sports.      

Edited by flylikabird

Don't look now but The New England Patriots have a real Quarter Back.   

It's just a matter of time until Coach BB let's him loose on the AFC and the rest

of the league.   

giphy.gif   

Edited by flylikabird

On 8/2/2021 at 5:02 PM, Ditch Jigger said:

How much of a pay cut do you think Krejci would have accepted to stay in Boston? How long a contract would you have offered him?

Probably in the 3.5 to 4 mill area. My guess is MC said,circle back around when we get close to playoffs, in the mean time cash in on the Euro/russian hockey league. we may have some work for you in Febuary