Rate this topic

20 posts in this topic

For starters, I wear glasses. So, I was out on a rock a few nights ago and got knocked off by a rogue wave. I call it rogue because I couldn’t see it rolling in as my lenses were fogged over. Looking for advice/tips on how to reduce or eliminate the fogging issue. Thanks in advance! 

Not sure if this is an option for you:

At night I leave the glasses in the car.  I just don't need them to pick through the night shadows and beach/shore contrasts.  I'm guided my hearing and feel of my line for the most part.  For changing plugs, I just have to hold the clip as far away as my arms allow me to work and that gets the job done.

I've tried so called 'anti fog' methods and products, none work as good as going naked.  Another issue you will avoid is the constant surf spray building on your glasses.   

If you can do so, try going naked.

Posted (edited) · Report post

When I hunted, I used a defogging spray they I used for all my scope lenses. It works. I put it on my glasses,( blind as a bat ). it works. They even sell a defogger at Walgrens that works great. A co worker at my school brings it in. It is made for glasses. There like a wipe.

Edited by hunter123

Wearing glasses is a handicap at times when doing the things we love. For me it’s climbing a hill on a cold day hunting, working up a sweat resulting in fogged up glasses, or surf fishing in certain conditions that fowl my glasses every few minutes.

I’ll remove my glasses, if needed for fishing, but not for hunting. 

I’v tried anti fog for hunting and it’s ok sometimes but I doubt it will work with surf spray/droplets when they need cleaning often. But it might work fishing from the rocks. 

I have tried contacts in the past.... not for me!

Try some of these towelettes.  Should be able to get some free samples from your eye doc.  They work for light fog but when it’s blowing mist nothing really helps me except contact lenses.  

1FD74FDC-EEFD-4090-8686-B21D524A03F7.jpeg

some good ideas here --- not sure about the fog x, as that's for auto glass, afaik... now can i stop constantly wiping at my glasses, and cursing, eventually screaming at the top of my lungs at the futility of life???

takes the fun out of fishing......................

38 mins ago, animalbarrie said:

Rain X makes an anti fog spray.  We use it on our farm truck that has no AC - work wonders.  I would imagine it would be good on glasses.

I've used Rain X on a car windshield, it left a horrible foggy film when looking into bright sun. 

On 7/30/2021 at 4:42 PM, doublegregg said:

some good ideas here --- not sure about the fog x, as that's for auto glass, afaik... now can i stop constantly wiping at my glasses, and cursing, eventually screaming at the top of my lungs at the futility of life???

takes the fun out of fishing......................

You should burn one dude