Fly By Nite

Tucker Carlson accosted in Montana fly shop

Rate this topic

90 posts in this topic

A man named Dan Bailey (who supposedly is unaffiliated with Dan Bailey's Fly shop) confronted Fox anchor Tucker Carlson inside Dan Bailey's Fly shop- accused him of being racist and killing people with misinformation. What are the odds its a random man named Dan Bailey inside Dan Bailey's Fly shop in Livingston Montana? :headscratch:

Don't know the odds, but it appears to be true:

Owner of Bailey's Outdoor Dale Sexton put out a statement over his company’s social media pages clarifying that the company’s founder, Dan Bailey, passed away in 1982 and has no connection to the resident who argued with Carlson.

The Dan Bailey who confronted Carlson is the Yellowstone program manager for the National Parks Conservation Association. He manages NPCA’s conservation campaigns focusing on Yellowstone National Park and the Greater Yellowstone Ecosystem, according the nonprofit’s website.

6 mins ago, Eagles Dare said:

Don't know the odds, but it appears to be true:

Owner of Bailey's Outdoor Dale Sexton put out a statement over his company’s social media pages clarifying that the company’s founder, Dan Bailey, passed away in 1982 and has no connection to the resident who argued with Carlson.

The Dan Bailey who confronted Carlson is the Yellowstone program manager for the National Parks Conservation Association. He manages NPCA’s conservation campaigns focusing on Yellowstone National Park and the Greater Yellowstone Ecosystem, according the nonprofit’s website.

Seems so strange to me.  Has to be a crazy uncle/cousin or something. I don't believe it.

Not surprising, no shortage of libs in that area, lots of transplants from Cali around Bozeman/Livingston.  When I was out there talking with the locals for the most part they had no use for their new neighnors..

Posted (edited) · Report post

i read this when it was first reported, I cannot believe it has taken this many days to post here. 

Anyway, I too found the names to be unbelievable. I have been in that shop, have ordered from them for years and cannot imagine the scene that must have caused. 

Carlson is a lightning rod because he has no fear of cancellation at this point, and speaks of things others will not touch. That drives the left wingnuz crazy. 

Edited by flyangler

2 mins ago, flyangler said:

Carlson is a cynical douhebag

FIFY

Anyone who fly fishes in Central Park has to be a douhebag. :dismay:

Just now, Belmo said:

FIFY

You think everyone is a "douhebag" so that "fix" means very little. 

Just now, Belmo said:

Anyone who fly fishes in Central Park has to be a douhebag. :dismay:

1) Why? He was doing his show from Gotham and needed some time outside. He was fishing anonymously when the guy who took the video started recording him. This was not a planned thing and Carlson did not post it himself. 

Beyond that, my eldest, in his 20s, has fished in the Park when he lived there. Used a spinning rod but only had a response with dough balls catching some cat fish and sunnies. 

2) You make Andy Rooney look like a happy and full of life guy. You give curmudgeons a bad name. 

3 mins ago, flyangler said:

You think everyone is a "douhebag" so that "fix" means very little. 

I don't think everyone is a douhebag. 

I think you are a douhebag. :shrug:

Just now, Belmo said:

I don't think everyone is a douhebag. 

I think you are a douhebag. :shrug:

you "actually like" douhebags then? 

:read:

Don't tell him this, because breaking his balls is fun, but I actually like TomSpaz. I like throwing balls at him when he sticks his head through the funhouse window. :th: - Belmo, 16 July 2021

Got it.

:witty: