rst3

Seals

Rate this topic

407 posts in this topic

This seems to be the year that seals became a game changer for a lot of fishermen. And not just the cape outer beaches but the north shore,  the canal, and block isl. And im certain in other areas that have gone unreported. 

On 8/24/2021 at 6:47 AM, bdowning said:

This seems to be the year that seals became a game changer for a lot of fishermen. And not just the cape outer beaches but the north shore,  the canal, and block isl. And im certain in other areas that have gone unreported. 

Yup.  Fisherman have had enough and have begun their own cull.

7 hours ago, AckStriperGuyDD said:

Yup.  Fisherman have had enough and have begun their own cull.

lol, what fisherman began there own cull? you guys really murking these things? 

1 hour ago, Windknot508 said:

lol, what fisherman began there own cull? you guys really murking these things? 

Anyone who fishes at Great Point at night knows full well what's going on.  You can hear the gunshots.

4 hours ago, AckStriperGuyDD said:

Anyone who fishes at Great Point at night knows full well what's going on.  You can hear the gunshots.

That’s pretty gangster I must say 

8 hours ago, bob_G said:

Why aren't dead seals washing ashore with gunshot wounds? 

I think at this point it's pretty clear that these shooting stories are just stirring of the pot.

9 hours ago, bob_G said:

Why aren't dead seals washing ashore with gunshot wounds? 

Great Point rip take the dead, bleeding seals right out to sea where the Great Whites devour them.

Posted (edited) · Report post

I was fishing a bay spot last night that requires a long walk from shore in thigh-deep water to get to the spot at this particular tide stage.  Light breeze, no wave action and could hear a pin drop.  I heard a seal surface and exhale.  sounded like it was right inside my casting radius.  That ended my night a) fishing sucked and maybe that's why and b) scared the poop out of me and I almost walked on water.

That said, this season is the first time I've seen/heard seals at this spot.  Saw a few in the morning earlier in the Spring.  Big gross grey seals, not the cute little harbor seals either.  No bueno

Edited by FoliFish

Posted (edited) · Report post

Salty nailed another fish an hour later. That's two in an hour. By the looks of it, it was a nice 10 pounder. He was drifting on the fresh east tide, enjoying his fresh striper.

Edited by bob_G

6 hours ago, bob_G said:

Salty put on quite a show this AM. Spooled some unsuspecting jamoke, then ate his fish in front of us.

Stopped by at ding dong road seeing if you were around this am to shoot the chit.

I had a treehouse brew for ya to test.

Next time