How many rods do you need??

Rate this topic

codfish

my wife enters my garage (aka my safe place) and asks the same question as in the title, everytime.

i ask her how many clubs do you need to play a round of golf?

her response "You don't carry a rod bag on your back to the beach with 14 rods in it. Oh, and you don't play golf..."

every time :blackeye:

“No nation in history has survived once its borders were destroyed, once its citizenship was rendered no different from mere residence, and once its neighbors with impunity undermined its sovereignty.”

- Victor Davis Hanson 

26 mins ago, The Riddler said:

It's out of hand 

414A3D29-D37B-4C29-AC9E-57D0EB56FE45.jpeg

are those all dappling poles? I don't see a single reel. :laugh:

Edited by flyangler

“No nation in history has survived once its borders were destroyed, once its citizenship was rendered no different from mere residence, and once its neighbors with impunity undermined its sovereignty.”

- Victor Davis Hanson 

Just now, liambrouillette said:

I remember the days when no one knew about these :drool:

i don't fish for stripers, but when i saw those I thought "Damn, those are sexy sand eels!"

- Victor Davis Hanson 

1 min ago, 55555s said:

That seems counterproductive, unless they are merely transporting to a different locaiton with others who are not carrying rods.

do you notice there are NO REELS on those rods?

- Victor Davis Hanson 

25 mins ago, flyangler said:

my wife enters my garage (aka my safe place) and asks the same question as in the title, everytime.

i ask her how many clubs do you need to play a round of golf?

her response "You don't carry a rod bag on your back to the beach with 14 rods in it. Oh, and you don't play golf..."

every time :blackeye:

How many shoes, how many bags, you just had your hair done, why another rifle, but you just went fishing, dont you have a reel like that... all conversations that dont take place in the 5's house.  

17 mins ago, 55555s said:

How many shoes, how many bags, you just had your hair done, why another rifle, but you just went fishing, dont you have a reel like that... all conversations that dont take place in the 5's house.  

my wife does not begrudge my fishing time, she understands it is my therapy. she "doesn't get" fishing but promotes my going. surprised me with a trip to Argentina for my 40th. wanted to know why i wasn't going to Montana this July.  

it was all cool until we we moved out of our big house in Connecticut. I had all my gear squirreled away in the vast basement, in the nooks and crannies of places she never visited. when we moved, she happened to be outside near the truck as the movers brought up a wheeled bin full of rods. between bare rods and fly rod tubes, there had to be 30+ items which she could not miss. she gave me the side-eye and said, without missing a beat, "So I see you've been breeding poles down in that basement for the past 10 years?"

god I love that woman....

Edited by flyangler

- Victor Davis Hanson 

6 mins ago, 55555s said:

(or a staged photo)

^ this

- Victor Davis Hanson