Has anyone ever quit in the middle of the Olympics before?

Rate this topic

Seal

2 hours ago, CLFish5 said:

Nope. Nothing to do with entertainment or fat people. Has a lot to do with representing your teammates and country. People would kill to be in that spot. She gave up on her team and didn’t compete because she was having some sort of mental stress? That’s crazy man. If she is physically hurt then ok. That’s not the case. 

I would go out there and play injured in high school games for my team, my pride, my school. If you care about yourself more than others you shouldn’t be apart of a team or a group competition. She’s not even injured!!!

She didn’t give up on her team. She did what was best for her team by backing out and letting someone that was doing a better job take her spot.
What sport did you do in high school? Did you have a long routine that needed to be done flawlessly. Were you doing multiple flips in the air? Doubtful. 

I think that Ms. Biles did a great service for all athletes, and especially female gymnasts, in withdrawing because she wasn't in The Zone.  Her disorientation is common enough among gymnasts to have a name, the "Twisties," something with which this particular sport is familiar.She's quoted about this in the NYT this morning.

The criticism of her, in this Forum and elsewhere, would rise to a roar if another American hadn't stepped up for gold. I'm glad that happened for her sake, or the condemnation would be far more vicious.

They had some video of Biles last night at a training facility practicing her dismount from the bars and she kept landing on her back repeatedly. It’s definitely in her head. There’s no way she would have performed well if she stayed in the comp. 

2 hours ago, BrianBM said:

I think that Ms. Biles did a great service for all athletes, and especially female gymnasts, in withdrawing because she wasn't in The Zone.  Her disorientation is common enough among gymnasts to have a name, the "Twisties," something with which this particular sport is familiar.She's quoted about this in the NYT this morning.

The criticism of her, in this Forum and elsewhere, would rise to a roar if another American hadn't stepped up for gold. I'm glad that happened for her sake, or the condemnation would be far more vicious.

Ive got mixed thoughts on this ... When you step up to the big stage both with money fame 

representing a country theres a certain responsible and obligation.. when you buy a horse 

you get the good with the bad you get the whole package.. its life.. Second issue is their basically   

kids thrown on the world stage by their coaches and parents -advisers ect .. what the hell 

think is going to happen ..I can appreciate what they do.. but way over paid and valued for  

some twists jumps and spins so many more important things in life that are way under valued..

5 mins ago, Carlezon said:

Ive got mixed thoughts on this ... When you step up to the big stage both with money fame 

representing a country theres a certain responsible and obligation.. when you buy a horse 

you get the good with the bad you get the whole package.. its life.. Second issue is their basically   

kids thrown on the world stage by their coaches and parents -advisers ect .. what the hell 

think is going to happen ..I can appreciate what they do.. but way over paid and valued for  

some twists jumps and spins so many more important things in life that are way under valued..

What’s going on with all the indents in your typing? It’s really annoying to read. 

Got know idea? i type it out all in place and it comes out like SH----IT 

Im a novice at the computers so any help works for me.. 

2 mins ago, z-man said:

What’s going on with all the indents in your typing? It’s really annoying to read. 

5 hours ago, CLFish5 said:

I would go out there and play injured in high school games for my team, my pride, my school. If you care about yourself more than others you shouldn’t be apart of a team or a group competition. She’s not even injured!!!

Concussion? 

12 mins ago, ken r said:

It's what I do with your posts. :th:

If it's hard on the eyes.....skip.

It must have stayed with u.. like u did going to school...skip on your way and between classes.. 

no worries though--- I'm sure you were hard on eyes as well... 

Just now, Carlezon said:

It must have stayed with u.. like u did going to school...skip on your way and between classes.. 

no worries though--- I'm sure you were hard on eyes as well... 

Mid afternoon bender huh?