Has anyone ever quit in the middle of the Olympics before?

Rate this topic

Seal

10 mins ago, Seal said:

Good point. :th:

But I just don't get how the stress is different for her than for everyone else competing in the Olympics. 

I can't be the only one who thinks this story doesn't make sense. :squid: 

Everyone handles stress differently  :shrug:

One thing I had heard was she had never competed without her parents in the audience. Who knows what got into her head but she surely has nothing to prove as far as her talent goes.

55 mins ago, Seal said:

That wasn't a team event though. If you want to quit on an individual event then fine.

I just can't wrap my head around how you make it through the pressure cooker atmosphere of getting to the Olympics, and then quit on your team because you can't handle the stress. :shrug: 

How would it have helped her team if she stayed in and performed terribly? She knew she was off her game so she let the other girls take over and they did well without her. 

4 mins ago, ted527 said:

Who knows what got into her head but she surely has nothing to prove as far as her talent goes.

Apparently she's the best in the world. And an Olympic veteran. 

This story does not make sense. :squid: 

Justice will only exist where those not affected by injustice are filled with the same amount of indignation as those offended.

~ Plato

4 mins ago, Eagles Dare said:

NBC is losing their ass on these Olympics. Wake me up when the Winter Olympics are on.

Winter is all I'll watch. I'm hoping for a tranny hockey team from say Sweden to dominate.

21 mins ago, Seal said:

Apparently she's the best in the world. And an Olympic veteran. 

This story does not make sense. :squid: 

You clearly have never done any activity/sport in your life that takes mental commitment before doing something difficult and dangerous. 

29 mins ago, z-man said:

You clearly have never done any activity/sport in your life that takes mental commitment before doing something difficult and dangerous. 

And it’s a woman we are talking about, who knows what lives in her head on a good day? :kook:

51 mins ago, z-man said:

I've done stupider **** than gymnastics. 

Justice will only exist where those not affected by injustice are filled with the same amount of indignation as those offended.

~ Plato

On 28/07/2021 at 10:52 AM, Alferd Packer said:

So…..

If your daughter came to you, the one who spent her entire life working harder than you ever did to achieve her goal, and said “I can’t do this.” What would you say?

This thread, and the racism, is pretty ****ed up. 

Errrrr…I would say why not? You’re not physically hurt and it’s not about you. You represent a team…and in this case… a country? What does that have to do with rasciscm? 

47 mins ago, CLFish5 said:

Errrrr…I would say why not? You’re not physically hurt and it’s not about you. You represent a team…and in this case… a country? What does that have to do with rasciscm? 

So you’re basically saying get out there and get injured. Do it for the fat ass Americans on the couch back home. They deserve to be entertained. 

8 mins ago, z-man said:

So you’re basically saying get out there and get injured. Do it for the fat ass Americans on the couch back home. They deserve to be entertained. 

Nope. Nothing to do with entertainment or fat people. Has a lot to do with representing your teammates and country. People would kill to be in that spot. She gave up on her team and didn’t compete because she was having some sort of mental stress? That’s crazy man. If she is physically hurt then ok. That’s not the case. 

I would go out there and play injured in high school games for my team, my pride, my school. If you care about yourself more than others you shouldn’t be apart of a team or a group competition. She’s not even injured!!!