Mark L

Simms tributary stocking?

Rate this topic

22 posts in this topic

I’m looking into getting a pair to replace my back ups to the Bean ones I sent back this spring. I’m looking for any bad review such as leaked right out the box or the seams came apart on my second outing. I always look at bad review first before buying something online. I know waders leak depending on usage, wear and tear etc. But since my last pair of Bean lasted only lasted a few months I think it time for a new company. Im keeping the cost under $200 and want to give this company a try. Any info would be great and thanks in advance. Good reviews are welcome too. 

2 hours ago, Mark L said:

I’m looking into getting a pair to replace my back ups to the Bean ones I sent back this spring. I’m looking for any bad review such as leaked right out the box or the seams came apart on my second outing. I always look at bad review first before buying something online. I know waders leak depending on usage, wear and tear etc. But since my last pair of Bean lasted only lasted a few months I think it time for a new company. Im keeping the cost under $200 and want to give this company a try. Any info would be great and thanks in advance. Good reviews are welcome too. 

I can sum it up in one word for you.

moist.

thats how I feel after i get out of mine, straight outta the box. I’m going on my second season in them and will probably replace them next year.

there not getting worse, but I’m not bone dry either. Not wet, not damp, just slightly moist. Amusingly, it’s the worse right around the crotch area. Which lead to some entertaining conversations about me while walking back from the restroom after a long day fishing. Especially if I’m wearing blue jeans. 

they work, not well.

will I wear them again, yes.

will I buy another pair, no.

8 mins ago, Callmefish said:

I can sum it up in one word for you.

moist.

thats how I feel after i get out of mine, straight outta the box. I’m going on my second season in them and will probably replace them next year.

there not getting worse, but I’m not bone dry either. Not wet, not damp, just slightly moist. Amusingly, it’s the worse right around the crotch area. Which lead to some entertaining conversations about me while walking back from the restroom after a long day fishing. Especially if I’m wearing blue jeans. 

they work, not well.

will I wear them again, yes.

will I buy another pair, no.

Ok moist but not wet, I think I can live with that. Thanks

Interested as well.

Bought a new pair of Bean Emergers in October, got me through the fall. Lasted a little while this spring, tried to patch still leak. Bought a new pair of super seam so I can send the Emergers back. Super Seams lasted a month before a hole developed in the sock. As much as I try to patch they still leak.

The Emergers are on back order until August. 

I have bought many brands of waders over the years, including Bean. Always the same as has been described above: "moist" in a very short time.

I broke down 4 years ago and bought a pair of Simms. Still dry as a bone.

To answer the OP, Simms is the way to go IMO.  You won't find them for $200 though.

1 hour ago, ken r said:

I have bought many brands of waders over the years, including Bean. Always the same as has been described above: "moist" in a very short time.

I broke down 4 years ago and bought a pair of Simms. Still dry as a bone.

To answer the OP, Simms is the way to go IMO.  You won't find them for $200 though.

Simms tributary are less then $200

I had a paid. I liked it. Leaked around the crotch area but that was because of wear from sticking my rod between my legs to leverage fighting fish. 

4 hours ago, Callmefish said:

Def, not. You can feel it as you get in the water

How cold is the water how hot is your body? air temp dew point and air humidity ect.... sweat will pervade as well .. anytime your in a sealed rubber... with cold and hot and limited air flow.. 

13 mins ago, Carlezon said:

How cold is the water how hot is your body? air temp dew point and air humidity ect.... sweat will pervade as well .. anytime your in a sealed rubber... with cold and hot and limited air flow.. 

unless there is a dramatic drop in the temperature of my sweat when I go crotch deep in water, I’m pretty sure it’s not sweat.

Like 5000% precent sure. Did it straight outta the box. 

21 mins ago, Callmefish said:

unless there is a dramatic drop in the temperature of my sweat when I go crotch deep in water, I’m pretty sure it’s not sweat.

Like 5000% precent sure. Did it straight outta the box. 

Best of luck ..  In rubber grunions .. I always felt not completely dry in them ... lets know how u make out  Best 

I bought Simms Freestones back in the fall after going through a pair of Beans and 2 cheap bass pro pairs. So far they are holding up great after a good amount of use from Oct-Jan and then April onwards. They are over your budget with a retail at $300 but you might be able to find a deal on KTP or Sierra. 

Bought a pair in august of last year and they started leaking from the seams in both legs by December. Didn’t abuse them by any means, may have just been a bad batch 

3 mins ago, Bmawds said:

Bought a pair in august of last year and they started leaking from the seams in both legs by December. Didn’t abuse them by any means, may have just been a bad batch 

8 hours ago, LockedDrag said:

I had a paid. I liked it. Leaked around the crotch area but that was because of wear from sticking my rod between my legs to leverage fighting fish. 

Now did either of you send them back for repair and/or replacement through warranty?