The new 2021 Visser S series debuted at I -cast...

Rate this topic

scoobydoo

I sorta want an upgrade...my problematic non S8 seems so inferior...and it isn't even a season old.........................

Looks pretty in clear anodized silver.

I wonder what's different.

Surprised nobody brought it up.

Edited by scoobydoo

"Panacheless is no way to go through life"

Tims

40 mins ago, scoobydoo said:

I sorta want an upgrade...my problematic non S8 seems so inferior...and it isn't even a season old.........................

Your buddy Josh held one at ICAST … what was his impression … he is in the business, he should know what the differences are besides the color and the knob.

Don't stop ... Retrieving ...

1 hour ago, scoobydoo said:

We are waiting on your review :)

Rob Koelewyn (creator of Van Staal reels) is like Gaston Glock (creator of Glock handguns). They BOTH invented a bunch of stuff that's forever being redesigned because obviously the original designs SUCKED. They BOTH drove the world nuts for decades with endless generations of their reinventions causing mass confusion and frustration. :banghd:

In the end, these men finally changed the world and we ended up with good tools in our hands. And I'm a heavy consumer of both of their products. :)

1 hour ago, night owl said:

Rob Koelewyn (creator of Van Staal reels) is like Gaston Glock (creator of Glock handguns). They BOTH invented a bunch of stuff that's forever being redesigned because obviously the original designs SUCKED. They BOTH drove the world nuts for decades with endless generations of their reinventions causing mass confusion and frustration. :banghd:

In the end, these men finally changed the world and we ended up with good tools in our hands. And I'm a heavy consumer of both of their products. :)

Glocks are not MA compliant. I hope the new Visser is :laugh:

I'm honestly tempted to buy a Visser reel. I dunno whether to get a #7 or the #8. I wish I knew a place where I could see and handle one. I wanna grope one if these damn it!

The #7 has the same spool diameter as the Van Staal 200. The #8 has nearly the same spool diameter as the Van Staal 250. Decisions....Decisions.....

2 hours ago, night owl said:

I'm honestly tempted to buy a Visser reel. I dunno whether to get a #7 or the #8. I wish I knew a place where I could see and handle one. I wanna grope one if these damn it!

The #7 has the same spool diameter as the Van Staal 200. The #8 has nearly the same spool diameter as the Van Staal 250. Decisions....Decisions.....

I’m pretty sure the only difference between the 7 & 8 is the spool. 

the 3 & 4 the 5 & 6 and the 7 & 8 have the same body

On 7/26/2021 at 6:21 PM, night owl said:

Interesting comparison to Glock.....

and that's why my only plastic gun is a SIG

“No nation in history has survived once its borders were destroyed, once its citizenship was rendered no different from mere residence, and once its neighbors with impunity undermined its sovereignty.”

- Victor Davis Hanson 

• 3 months later...