wok167

History: DE State Parks Surf Fishing

Rate this topic

9 posts in this topic

woK167, This is a great artical. I loved the pictures. My family moved from L.I.NY in 1965, I grew up fishing the North shore and south shore. The first summer ,I found the Delaware seashore and IRI. I fell in love. I have been hooked on Delaware seashore since 1965 , age 15. The old car reminds me of an old Nash my father drove on the beach with baloney skin tires with the psi down, these guy's hardly got stuck. Thanks.:howdy:

Good read. My mother was born and raised in Lewes, so I spent most of my time fishing Roosevelt inlet, IR inlet, and the surf. DSSP has my heart thought. Cape is great, Fenwick is nice...but there's something about that place that leaves me with a sense of peace. One of the many, many reasons I'll never live anywhere else. Great article.

I know Harry pretty well and have fished with him many times, and knew his dad way back when. Remember the wooden floor at OI Snyper? High tide storm surge you'd get wet feet... inside. Butch and Clark, and Jack and Jim, have kept OI rolling right along for a lot of years... Neat place, good people... worth a stop IMO.

Posted (edited) · Report post

14 hours ago, coop01 said:

I know Harry pretty well and have fished with him many times, and knew his dad way back when. Remember the wooden floor at OI Snyper? High tide storm surge you'd get wet feet... inside. Butch and Clark, and Jack and Jim, have kept OI rolling right along for a lot of years... Neat place, good people... worth a stop IMO.

Absolutely remember.  Could get ice cold Yoo-hoo and some donuts or Coke and bloodworms that didn't come in a bag .    They used to have their own air station too. 

Edited by Stryper Snyper