Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JohnS

9/18/00 No Class Kayaker @ Millstone

Rate this topic

24 posts in this topic

You get up bright eyed bushy tailed you make the long ride to get a decent spot on the rocks and you hope to run into some fish.

Well on this day I am surprised the guy fishing to the left of me didn't throw a

3lb. rock at some idiot who decides he wants to drop his anchor right were we are fishing.

(This guy was totally livid)

Right between the 2 outflows not more then 10 yards away, needless to say that he put the fish down and totally pissed off the guy next to me.

I just wanted to say to you whoever you are,

your a disgrace to fishing period. You don't have a clue.

You don't have any class whatsoever and thanks a lot for cutting us off while you have the whole %$@#^&*(!! sound to fish in and you have to park yourself right where we were. So you sat there for 15 min. for you own personal gain, and what did you catch you stupid moron? Nothing.

How some people just don't get it is beyond me I will never figure out ignorant people and in this case if this guy got a lure in the head I would show no sympathy in any way.

Common courtesy goes a long way pal, if you were there before I got there I wouldn't even think of casting near you but you broke the rule.

You had better watch yourself in the future,

I would stay out of sinkers range if I were you. A lot of people are not as tolerant as me thats for damn sure. On top of that you have the ordasity to start flicking your fly line right where I have been casting for the last hour?!

You stupid fool, you keep that up there your going to find yourself with a bunker snagger hanging off your schnoz you stoooooonod!

Lets all have a toast to the dumb ass at millstone.

JohnS

[This message has been edited by JohnS (edited 09-19-2000).]

Hey JohnS - I know what your talking about. There are a lot of boaters out at Milestone that have no respect for fisherman on shore. I just laugh every time I'm there becuase it just gets so frustrating having to deal with these boaters that either come to close to the shore or anchor up within casting distance. I was there one early morning with no one around and then a boat pulls up and sees I'm fishing and stays clear of me. Minutes later, another boat pulls and anchors up between the two discharges. I yell at him and tell him I'm fishing in that spot. He has the nerve to tell me to fish another spot. Man was I on fire. So I casted a popper over his boat but cast to far beyond and he grabs my line and cuts it. At that point I about lost it and picked up a rock to throw at him. He was that close. We started yelling back and forth at each other while people on the first boat were also yelling at the anchored boat for being in the wrong. I guess the guy in the anchored boat thought he could do as he pleases. He then calls Milestone security and complains that I tried to injure him by casting at him. Security arrives and nothing gets resolved. I end up lossing a $10 popper becuase this idiot has no respect for others. Next time I won't be as tolerant. Sorry for the long post but I had to vent.

Tobias

Been there alot this summer. Even had a party boat (misty morning) Do this two days in a row. Wouldn't say much if he was there first.I was fishing there for two hours before the boat arrived. I was casting a good 20/30 yards past him! Both days the capt. didn't even have the B###s to look at me as if I wasn't there. My super strike got his attention! Why would someone pay 30$ to go off a boat to catch the same fish I am catching from shore? If I was a passenger I be a little pissed and embarrassed. The best part was I caught (and released) 6/7 nice weeks while the whole boat (@ 35 rods) caught 4 short fluke. All on top water action so they can see how stupid he (Cap't) looked. HEEEEEE HEEEEEE HEEEEEEE smile.gif

------------------

Hmmm.... very interesting topic indeed.

"But... but officer...I've only been fishing for the past three decades or so. And I generally fish with big stick that launch 8-16 oz. sinker... and for the dear life of me... I have terrible aim. Honestly, I just don't understand? But... but...."

Tobias I understand exactly what your talking about. I don't usually fish high traffic people areas so I have not seen something like this in quite a long time.

Millstone is nice enough for letting us even touch the soil that they own! I don't think people know how close that place has become to being shut down to the public. We just had a club clean up there this past weekend and we walked out with 10 garbage bags full of crap. Needless to say Millstone welcomed us with open arms to the idea. A lot of it was from fishermen who are slobs and don't even deserve to fish there for abusing someone elses property.

Big sign there says "Alcohol Prohibited" as we pick up a weekend warriors budwieser can strategically placed under the sign so it would appear.

I too felt like you did but I figured if I get into it with this guy It's not worth it and I didn't want to jeapordize the place to the "good" shore fisherman if you know what I mean. Kind of damned if you do and damned if you don't. I just think that one of these times that stupid boat guy is going to get a bunker snagger lodged in his forehead (rightfully so )because he parks where knows he should not. But I am sure security doesn't want to keep going down there over such incidents. Go figure the guy calls security on you while you had the right away! The nerve of that guy! Some boat guys are just full of themselves.

Ltspruce I can't beleive a party boat would park right there!!!! I would be embarrassed as well to be on his vessel. What a moron.

I like Crazy Alberto's analogy smile.gif

JohnS

Ever see one of those water ballon launchers?They shoot water balloons about 200 yrds no problem.Here is what I would like do. Fill up the balloons with liquified chum,very messy but harmless.Lets see someone report you for that.(Officer,A guy in the beach was throwing chum at me).You could always say you were trying to bait fish in closer and you didn't see the guys boat,after all he didn't see you standing on the beach right?

------------------

10x10

I have them cross me just about every weekend, I have yet to hit one, I over throw them to prove my point. What are the laws on something like this ? If you smack someone with a cast are you liable ?

I was out there this past weekend myself helping to clean the beach and I saw about 4 boats I thought were in way to close and it kept me from fishing with the 10 guys fishing the right sluiceway and 4 boats out in easy casting range looked like it would be time to add that 10oz sinker . Then when I was leaving with my daughters my oldest asked your not going to fish dad and I told her not with all of the boats in our way then just to prove my point another boat anchored in between the sluiceways and that put the nail in the coffin and we went to KFC for lunch .

chris L I noticed that those boats were close as well. Thanks for helping clean up the area. I have only fished it a few times, and seeing as I have monday's off seemed like the best time to avoid this silly boat beahvior. Guess not.

I still like the super soaker idea!!!! Chum or not biggrin.gif

JohnS

Actually there is precedent for who has the right of way.In the past the coast gaurd /marine police have told the boaters to stay away from the beach/jetty guys.Usually prompted by someone casting at a boat.I'm sure they would rather not get in the middle of that argument as thay have better things to do,like beach parties.I know this old timer who says they use to have this anti-trolling rig for boats that would troll along the jetties.It consisted of a pyramid sinker with razor blades imbedded in the corners.Up the line from that about 24" was a tennis ball with the line running through the center.What you do see,is cast across the boats lines, reel like mad and it'll evidently clip all his lines neat as you please.How the hell do you carry the thing around is what I'd like to know.

------------------

10x10