coolhandfluke

new vehicles ?

Rate this topic

79 posts in this topic

with the new 2022 model year vehicles due out in a few months, will all the 2021 models have deep discounts after the microchip shortage is all better ?

each manufacturer says they have thousands and thousands of 2021 vehicles unsellable right now.

I haven’t heard anything officially but I would bet there are going to be deals to be had. At my Ford dealership the lot is at least half full and have been that way for a while. There are thousands of trucks sitting at some raceway in Kentucky waiting for chips. I heard they were able to get some chips so they can start shipping. Whether its the exact chips planned to go in or some other that they were able to get I don’t know. Rumors were too they were going to start shipping trucks without the chips and put them in later. That sounds like a total fiasco if they were to try that. 

When it comes to cars, the whole market, the whole deal -- what the economists, those pinheads, call the "supply chain" :dismay: -- is so screwy right now that I am glad I don't need no car, and won't need one for a long time. I'd be in fear about having to get a new heap right now.

I was picking up lunch for my wife and I and a guy that works at the local Dodge, Jeep dealer was waiting too so I asked him how there inventory was,  He said real thin but better than the Ford dealer in town,  They laid off all but one salesman and two  Mechanics and the General manager. 

11 mins ago, jolly mon said:

I was picking up lunch for my wife and I and a guy that works at the local Dodge, Jeep dealer was waiting too so I asked him how there inventory was,  He said real thin but better than the Ford dealer in town,  They laid off all but one salesman and two  Mechanics and the General manager. 

At my place we can’t keep up with all service customers. The special ordered parts section is over flowing. Doesn’t help that lots of parts are hard to get. Some things as simple as oil filters or air filters have come up on backorder. A few we’ve had to buy aftermarket ones for months now.

I don’t see it happening. Why would dealers dilute value of their new model year cars by extending no brainer pricing on last years stuff. You’d see a quick hit with less profit and it would dry up fast. That’s a race to the bottom, use your head don’t be stupid 

There is such a glut of new cars and trucks sitting in storage waiting for chips they will have to deeply discount them or lay off work force and delay 2022 models.

12 mins ago, Heron25 said:

Can I buy one of those chipless cars at a steep discount now and then buy a chip when it's in stock?  

Absolutely !

Corn or potato ??

4 mins ago, Brother Brian said:

Gambling might just be what your doing :laugh:

With the rising cost of steel and catalytic convertors, I'll make a killing selling the pieces for more than what I paid for the chipless car.  

Ford is offering $1K off the new truck if you place your order now.

They don't ship them till there complete.

I drive past a bunch of them everyday on the way to work.

7 mins ago, woowoo2 said:

Ford is offering $1K off the new truck if you place your order now.

They don't ship them till there complete.

I drive past a bunch of them everyday on the way to work.

off what ?  sticker price ?