bob_G

Good news from the Ma RMV

Rate this topic

49 posts in this topic

Posted (edited) · Report post

The Ma RMV continues to break new ground as an omnipotent, arrogant state bureaucracy.  

On August 27 the Ma low number licence plate lottery begins. 200 low number plates will be made available to qualified applicants.

I guess they forgot about the 750 Ma striped bass fishermen who prepaid $75k for their Striper Conservation plates in Sept of 2019. :banghd:

Edited by bob_G

When they first did that years back I put my name in the hat and got a 4 digit plate for my truck.

The look on my FILs face when he saw it was priceless.

He had a big ole Lincoln with a 5 digit plate.

I'll stick with what I got. The less I can have to do with the state in general and the registry in particular the happier I am going to be.

On 7/25/2021 at 9:24 PM, bob_G said:

... .... 

On August 27 the Ma low number licence plate lottery begins. 200 low number plates will be made available to qualified applicants.

This ^^^^^^ and the new four digit Striped Bass Conservation plate, brings to mind something that a highly placed LEO once told me. 

It may not matter to some, but the LEO told me, don't make it easy for anyone, including law enforcement, to easily remember your license plate number.  

2 hours ago, Joe G said:

This ^^^^^^ and the new four digit Striped Bass Conservation plate, brings to mind something that a highly placed LEO once told me. 

It may not matter to some, but the LEO told me, don't make it easy for anyone, including law enforcement, to easily remember your license plate number.  

:laugh::laugh::laugh:.  Why in the world would I concern myself with someone remembering my plate number?

3 hours ago, Joe G said:

i refused a "special" motorcycle plate for exactly that reason. 

1 hour ago, bob_G said:

:laugh::laugh::laugh:.  Why in the world would I concern myself with someone remembering my plate number?

I’m only passing along what was told to me by a prominent LEO, Bob.  

Enjoy your four digit plate.   

More than a few years ago there was a push to get a Harvey Ball plate in place.

Harvey ball was the guy that designed the big yellow smiley face....yeah, this may turn into another Worcester feels thread.

The license plate would have the iconic (i.e. overly used in other venues) smiley face and then a 4 or 5 digit numeric.

I hopped on. Reserved my place for the " 666 " plate. 

Alas, the push never got 1000 people to hop on.

3 mins ago, woma said:

More than a few years ago there was a push to get a Harvey Ball plate in place.

Harvey ball was the guy that designed the big yellow smiley face....yeah, this may turn into another Worcester feels thread.

The license plate would have the iconic (i.e. overly used in other venues) smiley face and then a 4 or 5 digit numeric.

I hopped on. Reserved my place for the " 666 " plate. 

Alas, the push never got 1000 people to hop on.

And now Harvey's iconic image is part of the WooSox logo,  proudly adorning their baseball caps.  Who'd of thunk?

If my memory of all things Worcester serves me, Harvey received nothing more than a passing acknowledgment for his yellow smiley face.  No real money followed.

1 hour ago, bob_G said:

Not contemplating any crimes? Poaching, bank robbery, hit and run, hanging out at Bell Road or Area 51?

18 mins ago, K Foley said:

Not contemplating any crimes? Poaching, bank robbery, hit and run, hanging out at Bell Road or Area 51?

Hanging out on Bell Rd drinking iced coffee with the other Think Tank members is my only crime.

27 mins ago, bob_G said:

And now Harvey's iconic image is part of the WooSox logo,  proudly adorning their baseball caps.  Who'd of thunk?

If my memory of all things Worcester serves me, Harvey received nothing more than a passing acknowledgment for his yellow smiley face.  No real money followed.

The Worcester lore says he got about $50 - $60 dollars for the graphic. State Mutual (?), his employer,  owned him with copyright etc. 

I grew up two houses away from Harvey Ball. Never knew we had a genius in the neighborhood. Nice guy though, and nice kids.

1 hour ago, shark lobster said:

The state rmv is dropping the striped bass plate and now have the new Bell rd plate!

9977518E-3079-4D14-84D5-EDB2BBF01A37.jpeg

Possibly one of the best posts  ever on the Ma forum.  :clap:

On 7/25/2021 at 9:29 PM, Gotcow? said:

When they first did that years back I put my name in the hat and got a 4 digit plate for my truck.

The look on my FILs face when he saw it was priceless.

He had a big ole Lincoln with a 5 digit plate.

I had a five digit plate as my first registration. Gave it up when the same five number COMMERCIAL plate wracked up enough parking tickets to warrant a boot, which was erroneously applied to my car twice......