nightfighter

Question about O-rings

Rate this topic

16 posts in this topic

Ever seen a metal one? Looks more like a split lock washer... I thought they were all rubber by definition....

Had a leaking power washer hose. SunJoe customer service rep told me exactly where to look and what I would see.... Told me to go to HDepot and buy and O-ring assortment kit and that the 8MM was what I would need. Told him to send me one under warranty. The above is what arrived. Can't even get it on. Would try split ring pliers but will have a chat with the company again tomorrow.  Used the machine once.....

Posted (edited) · Report post

1 hour ago, nightfighter said:

Ever seen a metal one? Looks more like a split lock washer... I thought they were all rubber by definition....

Had a leaking power washer hose. SunJoe customer service rep told me exactly where to look and what I would see.... Told me to go to HDepot and buy and O-ring assortment kit and that the 8MM was what I would need. Told him to send me one under warranty. The above is what arrived. Can't even get it on. Would try split ring pliers but will have a chat with the company again tomorrow.  Used the machine once.....

Above what?

Edited by Ben Lippen

Posted (edited) · Report post

Sounds like someone on their end dropped the ball and sent you a retaining ring, not a seal. Maybe save yourself a head ache and buy that kit at homies. Always good to have spares anyway.

Edited by tonymo

On ‎7‎/‎25‎/‎2021 at 5:35 PM, nightfighter said:

Had a leaking power washer hose. SunJoe customer service rep told me exactly where to look and what I would see....

When you looked what did you see?

16 mins ago, nightfighter said:

Split, crushed, failed rubber O-ring

Then that's what you need as a replacement.

I've never heard of a split metal ring used as a seal in a hydraulic application.

3 mins ago, nightfighter said:

Captain Obvious I assume?

Is why I asked......but thanks!

Did you speak with them again to try and get the right part?

If so, what did they tell you?

See my reply above, which will say the company had no O-rings, no replacement hoses, so they sent an upgrade replacement pressure washer, and I get to pack up and send the other one back.

Aside from this incident, which had nothing to do with it being electric, I have been happy I made the change from gasoline powered....No lack of power to remove growth from bottom of boat or my other projects to date. So, not all garbage. Which brand and model have you owned????