Angler #1

Bill [Willy] Carig Remembered

Rate this topic

1 post in this topic

Early today my friend Bill Carig passed on to the safe net in the sky. Bill had been fighting to survive ever since the beginning of the year, after going into a diabetic shock. He survived several , managed to fight his way through the corona virus ,heart attack and then a stroke .  Bill was a long time canal rat like his father and a member of the Worcester Sportsman's club. He also was a champion turkey caller and excellent hunter , often he was sought after to do just the calling of turkeys that he did so well. He was a long time fishing partner of Bill Hennessy, who often would take him fishing as Willy was legally blind and unable to drive. Even with his lack of vision he often would  wrap and repair rods for his friends. He held two Engineering degrees and when he was younger built a few of the buildings in New York City .

He had a memory bar non and could quote the good book verse and paragraph and the page it was on.

He loved to Blue fish and in his younger days was often seen of the outer beaches and Cape Cod Canal fishing with his father . South Cape beach was his favorite blue fish honey hole.

I met Bill at my first town meeting after his wife had dropped him off  and I drove him home . We became to the town of the Sandwich the two cummugands and because of never missing a meeting were assigned two seats together near the microphone as Willy always had a question on every article on the agenda, which made for a interesting meeting. WE did have a few trips down to South Cape together over the years, but the fish were never around , but occasionally I got to bring him some fresh fillets of his favorite fish to eat. He was 76 this day he passed and his body will go to Tufts and then be cremated. No wake or service dates.

Any one wishing to donate in his behalf can make a contribution to the American Diabetes fund . May his soul rest in peace and find forever comfort in his next life for now he is in at peace as is his wife Lynda. Peace and Prayers