Billybob

Stratford last night?

Rate this topic

25 posts in this topic

Posted (edited) · Report post

9 hours ago, Billybob said:

I heard there was a bad boating accident, anybody got the scoop?

Here’s what I was able to find. It says heading to hospital but I don’t think they knew when this was written how bad or whatever. It’s pretty hard to understand how somebody can ram into the break wall. I can’t figure that one out. Maybe DWI

58C1C66C-1A36-4FC7-83FA-8021A57BAEAA.jpeg

Edited by mikeadams

One year I was almost ran over by a boat fishing the sand bar accessed by short beach in Stratford. The dildo ended up beaching himself right after almost hitting me. He was gunning it up and down the river by the bird sanctuary and short beach around sun down and when he beached his boat it was obvious that he was drunk off his ass. 

1 min ago, Big Biscuit said:

One year I was almost ran over by a boat fishing the sand bar accessed by short beach in Stratford. The dildo ended up beaching himself right after almost hitting me. He was gunning it up and down the river by the bird sanctuary and short beach around sun down and when he beached his boat it was obvious that he was drunk off his ass. 

Thank God the sum bitch didn’t hurt anyone

Not to sound like a Debby downer but there is no enforcement of any laws on the water.

Any time I go out I check all mt safety gear and make sure everyone on board has a valid fishing license.

ive never been stopped once nor do I see anyone stopping anyone. I am in and out of the harbor 2-4 times a week. 

sometjing like this was only a matter of time. I hope they now start to crack down. 

1 hour ago, dleopoldi914 said:

Not to sound like a Debby downer but there is no enforcement of any laws on the water.

Any time I go out I check all mt safety gear and make sure everyone on board has a valid fishing license.

ive never been stopped once nor do I see anyone stopping anyone. I am in and out of the harbor 2-4 times a week. 

sometjing like this was only a matter of time. I hope they now start to crack down. 

We are sitting here pissing & moaning about them not checking licenses and enforcing poaching laws and it turns out they’re not even checking boats either? If we see something, do you know who we should call? 

I mean, geez, isn’t the mouth of the housy big enough to patrol? I’ve seen those JetSkis ripping around the mouth too. What the hell do all these do these enforcement people do all day? Our tax dollars at work. 

2 hours ago, Big Biscuit said:

:huh:

Surprised he didn’t hit the cement tower.  

Posted (edited) · Report post

So your telling me the Charles Island Music Fest, a huge and out of control day drinking event, with absolutely no considerations for life safety, which was attended by somewhere around 3,500 people happened and shortly after it ended a boat smashed into the breakwater... interesting.  

One (maybe two) boats went down yesterday, one heart attack, one broken leg, hundreds of people just walking into to the water like Godzilla and swimming out there... I’m gonna go out on a ledge and add this to the tally of chaos.

Here is the 30’ plus boat that went down, still bobbing outside Milford Harbor.  I wonder how long it’s gonna be before the boat starts dumping fuel or somebody smashes into it?

8281AD19-70FF-4D3B-AFE4-5F4ABFDF7955.jpeg

Edited by thebigangrybear

1 hour ago, thebigangrybear said:

So your telling me the Charles Island Music Fest, a huge and out of control day drinking event, with absolutely no considerations for life safety, which was attended by somewhere around 3,500 people happened and shortly after it ended a boat smashed into the breakwater... interesting.  

One (maybe two) boats went down yesterday, one heart attack, one broken leg, hundreds of people just walking into to the water like Godzilla and swimming out there... I’m gonna go out on a ledge and add this to the tally of chaos.

Here is the 30’ plus boat that went down, still bobbing outside Milford Harbor.  I wonder how long it’s gonna be before the boat starts dumping fuel or somebody smashes into it?

Is this not reported? I'd assume they would deal with it right the way as you mention it's easily hit if it's just floating around.

4 hours ago, mikeadams said:

We are sitting here pissing & moaning about them not checking licenses and enforcing poaching laws and it turns out they’re not even checking boats either? If we see something, do you know who we should call? 

I mean, geez, isn’t the mouth of the housy big enough to patrol? I’ve seen those JetSkis ripping around the mouth too. What the hell do all these do these enforcement people do all day? Our tax dollars at work. 

Yea I have the number I’ve called they are severely under staffed. Nor does anyone care. 

Just now, foxfai said:

Is this not reported? I'd assume they would deal with it right the way as you mention it's easily hit if it's just floating around.

Fire department pulled 4 people and one dog off the boat before it went down.  I reached out to the CG and left a message.  Word on the beach is that nobody wants to touch the boat until the insurance money is sorted out. 

2 hours ago, thebigangrybear said:

Who’s to say that boat isn’t already dumping fuel into the sound? geez :banghd:

2 hours ago, thebigangrybear said:

Fire department pulled 4 people and one dog off the boat before it went down.  I reached out to the CG and left a message.  Word on the beach is that nobody wants to touch the boat until the insurance money is sorted out. 

What if there is no insurance? Will it just sit there until someone else crashes into it. Seems pretty irresponsible by all parties, the owner, coastguard, harbor masters. At least tie a couple big orange marker balls to it. 

4 mins ago, z-man said:

What if there is no insurance? Will it just sit there until someone else crashes into it. Seems pretty irresponsible by all parties, the owner, coastguard, harbor masters. At least tie a couple big orange marker balls to it. 

No idea... I’ve tried to call around and find out but seems like nobody answers phones on the weekends.  

It absolutely blows my mind how that festival is allowed to happen, also how dozens of people weren’t killed during it, and lastly... how a submerged vessel is sitting just outside a major CT harbor and nobody has touched it, marked it, salvaged it or anything in a full day (and counting).  

It’s really sad, Charles Island deserves better. The longer that boat sits there the worse it will be.  Why wait?