Jim DE

This online tackle retailer just amazed me

Rate this topic

54 posts in this topic

Dude probably ordered a JDM reel from a jdm seller based in either Japan, Malaysia,

etc. 

The few big JDM retailers, even some on eBay ship very quickly to USA, packages arrive within a couple of days. They also tend to use DHL shipping, which is far

quicker than regular Mail, or even ups/fedex.

Posted (edited) · Report post

38 mins ago, valentine said:

Yes, but there are others, here,  who’d like to have the same kind of positive shopping experience that you did, so why not share the info?

As much as I consider myself a true American Patriot, I have had some unfortunate customer service experiences recently.

These were American businesses and the service I received ( I should actually say that I received no service) was so bad that I cancelled my accounts.

I love the idea of keeping American  businesses running but I really want to feel like my business is appreciated.

Valentine, besides not wanting the thread to go to a where to buy or you should of bought here or there spitballing discussion I intentionally left that info off: just stated my results to a first time purchase from this overseas retailer and the shipping results they delivered.

Plus this is my first time using this company and without additional purchases and similar results I would not recommend or not by one purchase. It could be the blind squirrel and nut thing  for a one off instance and then we would hear hey you recommended X and I used them and it took a month or I never received my product. Don’t even want to get in the middle of this sort of situation. The topic was if a foreign retailer can get product to your door in half the time of some domestic retailers, why can’t or shouldn’t our retailers deliver at least near the same?

Edited by Jim DE

1 hour ago, buddha162 said:

... Digitaka ..cost them $140 and one of the few times I felt bad about returning something. 

Wow, you got lucky. When I read their terms I understood buyer is responsible for return shipping even if defective. Also, they kinda hint if you have issues you're screwed. Forget if they hit you with restocking fee as well on returns. They are reseller and don't hide it. I know people still use them. I guess this is were the risk it. 

I used one japanese store on few occasion recently and it's 3-4 days to arrive for a reasonable shipping cost. What is stupid, Amazon prime sometimes takes longer. I prefer to order local when I can and a shop I use on east cost is quick shipping, typically same or next day, and excellent communication. 

14 mins ago, Jig It said:

Wow, you got lucky. When I read their terms I understood buyer is responsible for return shipping even if defective. Also, they kinda hint if you have issues you're screwed. Forget if they hit you with restocking fee as well on returns. They are reseller and don't hide it. I know people still use them. I guess this is were the risk it.

I didn't get the impression I got lucky, another friend returned 2 items to digitaka prior to mine and it went the same - you ship DHL, send them a photo of the receipt, and they reimburse you through paypal within 24 hours. 

Not sure what you mean by "reseller" they usually have the cheapest prices around on brand new items. 

Sweet, that's good to know. Maybe I'm confusing it with plat then. As for reseller they call themselves third party and say no warranty on most rods and reels, which already happens as part of export. 

Since people started naming companies, it was Digitaka that packed the rods the way I talked about.

Regarding their customer service, they did once sent me the wrong rod but their response was to keep the wrong rod since it was their mistake and I had my correct replacement rod again in less than a week.  Awesome service.

I was impressed with Digitaka as well. Had great experience with them. 

Same for a major Australian retailer. 

Amazed how quickly it arrived. 

I too am a fan of “buying local” when I can but to echo others, these international vendors run circles all day long around our domestic online shops. Amazing customer service and shipping like none other, despite being thousands of miles away. Don’t know why the bar is so low here for great customer service like these places abroad can provide effortlessly. 

Bass Pro will never see another dollar from me and several other bigger names won’t either. Tomos and Saltwater Edge are 2 fantastic “local” options who have excellent service and fast shipping with stock on many items we all use. Never a complaint with them. 

l ordered twice from overseas once from England part came within a week, the other time ordered a lens for my Fuji X-T10 camera thinking it was coming from California after making the payment found out it was being shipped from Japan $100.00 dollars cheaper than the US dealers with free shipping, shipped DSL and received in 5 days.

l shipped two items out from NJ last Friday one went to RI it got there in 4 Days, the other item is still floating around in NJ there say there some delay but it's moving in the system.

8 hours ago, LB said:

l ordered twice from overseas once from England part came within a week, the other time ordered a lens for my Fuji X-T10 camera thinking it was coming from California after making the payment found out it was being shipped from Japan $100.00 dollars cheaper than the US dealers with free shipping, shipped DSL and received in 5 days.

l shipped two items out from NJ last Friday one went to RI it got there in 4 Days, the other item is still floating around in NJ there say there some delay but it's moving in the system.

Never thought about it for camera equipment, thanks for the tip. Question, can the lens you purchased be distinguished from one purchased state side?

53 mins ago, squidder 329 said:

Never thought about it for camera equipment, thanks for the tip. Question, can the lens you purchased be distinguished from one purchased state side?

Gray market camera equipment has been around forever. It’s meant for markets in other countries. There is never a usa warranty card in the box so if something happens you’re on your own. 

20 hours ago, buddha162 said:

Japan Lure Shop, Digitaka, JP Angler - 3 business days at your door. Digitaka has free shipping, the others are around 12-15 bucks unless it's a rod. 

I visited the Digitaka web site. I looked at Stella, and Saltiga.. Their inventory is poor and and for each of the available products they tell you “Ship within three days” so I am not sure why you are suggesting that the products will arrive at my door within three business days unless they transport the items faster than the speed of light.