Jim DE

This online tackle retailer just amazed me

Rate this topic

54 posts in this topic

Posted (edited) · Report post

I will not mention who it was but I rarely buy outside the USA but some things just are not available and one may need to order offshore. I had this situation arise and went offshore to find it. I ordered it at a much lower cost and surprisingly it was delivered to my door in ( get this ) 5 days from halfway around the world! 5 short days when some USA online retailers take 7-10 days to ship out their door and even tell customers this before they order. 

If a retailer that is in another country halfway around the world can offer free delivery this quickly IMO all USA retailers should be able to do better. Honestly I can’t hardly believe how fast this product got through two custom offices and made it my door in 5 days. I have seen archery products spend 2 weeks in NY customs alone. As much as I really don’t like buying offshore if a similar situation comes up in the future on a product I can’t get in the USA I will have no hesitation buy from this particular retailer again. 

What do others feel about retailers shipping speeds and what do you feel is reasonable. We don’t need specific retailer names as that would violate SOL policies but generally does who you order from after price does it’s shipping speed become a buying consideration?

Edited by Jim DE

39 mins ago, Jim DE said:

I will not mention who it was but I rarely buy outside the USA but some things just are not available and one may need to order offshore. I had this situation arise and went offshore to find it. I ordered it at a much lower cost and surprisingly it was delivered to my door in ( get this ) 5 days from halfway around the world! 5 short days when some USA online retailers take 7-10 days to ship out their door and even tell customers this before they order. 

If a retailer that is in another country halfway around the world can offer free delivery this quickly IMO all USA retailers should be able to do better. Honestly I can’t hardly believe how fast this product got through two custom offices and made it my door in 5 days. I have seen archery products spend 2 weeks in NY customs alone. As much as I really don’t like buying offshore if a similar situation comes up in the future on a product I can’t get in the USA I will have no hesitation buy from this particular retailer again. 

What do others feel about retailers shipping speeds and what do you feel is reasonable. We don’t need specific retailer names as that would violate SOL policies but generally does who you order from after price does it’s shipping speed become a buying consideration?

That's pretty damn good!

I once had to order a side plate and a bearing for one of my omoto reels which was directly from the factory I paid for expedited shipping and I ordered it on a Monday morning when I got home from work on Tuesday that package was at my house.

Fed ex does wonderful things for the 14 dollar cost .

To answer your question directly, I'd have to know how quick they ship 

HH

In this case I got free shipping….. the few other times I ordered from over there with other retailers I had to pay( not a lot but had to pay) but ship times were reasonable from what I remember. The other country near this one I cannot say the shipping experiences were impressive but they also had excessive delays in their and our countries customs offices.  It may have to do with the cost of the product as it was a very high end product ordered as to shipping costs or not. I don’t know but this was the first order I have ordered from this particular retailer. It was not one of the more commonly known overseas retailers from that country which might be why they are working harder to get repeat overseas business.  Who knows but I am impressed…

Why are you telling us all of this if you do not want to mention the name or even the country?

It's not just the fishing retailer.  Americans got greedy, self centered and arrogant.  It's just how it is.  Most got to big for their britches and this is the end result. Once the only game in town and now struggling to figure it out.  Sad that we've lost control of what was planned to be good and good for the people. Greed kills :howdy:

3 hours ago, oc1 said:

Why are you telling us all of this if you do not want to mention the name or even the country?

Because that info doesn't matter.  It's about the big picture my friend :howdy:

I think after watching to catch a smuggler it depends on the package method. On the show customs met the plane with mobile xray scan if it was questionable it was pulled off the line. So bulk packaging would need to be broken down so it could be scanned.  Otherwise it was out for delivery. Plus countries who were known for drugs and knock merchandise were scrutinized more closely. Recently I was sent a letter from Camden, NJ post office to Wildwood, NJ and it took five days. That speaks to the work ethic in this country now. Tracking packages you would see a package going from one east coast city to another get shipped to the middle of the country.

Watched the "cars that built America" and the narrator said American car manufacturers were blind sided by Toyota. As stated above the arrogance and greed and lack of pride. Any one recall the "planned obsolescence" policy where US made care were designed ot only last a certain number of years.

7 hours ago, Jim DE said:

The policy is not to post a web link to the store but you can list store names that provide you with a good service. I find it hard to believe that you ordered oversea a product and received it within five days to your door.

Can you share with us what you ordered, from which country country and perhaps the store name.

My experience with many US stores in the last few months such as TackleDirect, Fishermen Source, Saltwater Edge and Jignpop is excellent. Shipping on the same day of order or a day later. The rest is depended on the shipping company. 

Edited by levari

I’ve ordered fishing items from Australia, Hawaii, Japan and it’s taken less time shipping than the basspros of the world. Add free ship cost too they offered. 

15 mins ago, levari said:

The policy is not to provide a web link to the store but you can list store names that provide you good services. I find it hard to believe that you ordered oversea a product and received it within five days to your door.

can you share with us what you ordered and from which country country .

My experience with many US stores in the last few month such as TackleDirect, Fishermen Source, Saltwater Edge and Jignpop is excellent. Shipping on the same day that the order came in. The rest depended on the shipping company. 

Levari, what I ordered and from where is not the issue, the speed at which a retailer fulfills a order to their customer’s hands is. I did not want this thread to become a X retailer vs Y or a this nation vs some other thread so I intentionally kept that direction off the thread.

I agree, I did not of believed the speed at which this order was completed. That was the reason for wondering why some retailers excel at this aspect and others are very poor.  Often the issue is a company that drop ships from the manufacturer or wholesaler keeping their inventory costs down others are just poor at getting the orders out the door. Cost and availability are my main priorities in ordering but shipping costs and speed comes next. I expected a long delays which this international order and ended up getting faster delivery than from retailers I have felt with in the States. 

Edited by Jim DE

A brick and mortar store adapting to online retail, behaves differently from an online store that was born online...could be a factor.

I order a lot from Japanese sellers and a lot are faster than the US companies and with free S/H also.  Most items arrive in 5-7days and always before 2wks.  Even rods arrive in 5-7days and this retailer even double box their rods(cardboard tube inside a box to prevent moron delivery companies that don't pay attention that throws a tube on a conveyor belt)

6 hours ago, Jim DE said:

Levari, what I ordered and from where is not the issue, the speed at which a retailer fulfills a order to their customer’s hands is. I did not want this thread to become a X retailer vs Y or a this nation vs some other thread so I intentionally kept that direction off the thread.

I agree, I did not of believed the speed at which this order was completed. That was the reason for wondering why some retailers excel at this aspect and others are very poor.  Often the issue is a company that drop ships from the manufacturer or wholesaler keeping their inventory costs down others are just poor at getting the orders out the door. Cost and availability are my main priorities in ordering but shipping costs and speed comes next. I expected a long delays which this international order and ended up getting faster delivery than from retailers I have felt with in the States. 

Yes, but there are others, here,  who’d like to have the same kind of positive shopping experience that you did, so why not share the info?

As much as I consider myself a true American Patriot, I have had some unfortunate customer service experiences recently.

These were American businesses and the service I received ( I should actually say that I received no service) was so bad that I cancelled my accounts.

I love the idea of keeping American  businesses running but I really want to feel like my business is appreciated.

7 hours ago, levari said:

I find it hard to believe that you ordered oversea a product and received it within five days to your door

Japan Lure Shop, Digitaka, JP Angler - 3 business days at your door. Digitaka has free shipping, the others are around 12-15 bucks unless it's a rod. 

The crazy thing about Digitaka shipping is w/e business account they have with FedEx doesn't include return shipping. The one time I had to return a reel they had me ship it back DHL, cost them $140 and one of the few times I felt bad about returning something. 

JP Angler can ship a 7'2 one piece rod overnight FedEx and charge me $32. Others in Japan usually want over $100 for one piece rods...and pretty sure it's not that cheap from anywhere Stateside either. I don't quite get it, but I'm not complaining. 

Edited by buddha162