z-man

Block Island Extra Crazy This Year?

Rate this topic

13 posts in this topic

I went to the island today and it was nuts. Started off with all the pay lots full and had to park a ways down the Escape Road. Then the island was completely jammed with people most of which were acting like animals and savages like they have never gone out in public before. People so drunk they could barely stand up. The police were kept busy. When we left cars were parked almost all the way to the end of the escape road. Is this the new normal or just because it was finally a nice day. 

Drunk people walking around on Block Island unusual?  You sure it wasn't Block Island Race Week?  That's SOP when the rag sailors invade.  I've done my share of drunken staggering on that island...

Most of those cars parked on the escape road were probably clamming around the great island bridge. Did you check the tides?

2 hours ago, MakoMike said:

Most of those cars parked on the escape road were probably clamming around the great island bridge. Did you check the tides?

Negative. I saw the people walking to the ferry along with us. 

14 hours ago, MakoMike said:

No way, low tide was in the afternoon.

2 hours ago, turkaholic said:

Shut it down before it sinks 

Have you noticed it being crazy? I’ve been there a lot of times and it’s never been like it was on Saturday. Seems like almost everyone there was there just to get wasted. Not many families or kids. I heard one state cop screaming at a guy saying “you don’t get to just come to this island to F*** around. People live and work here”. 

It's been getting more and more crowded every year, have yet to go this year but last year definitely noticed a much more pronounced Ballard's type crowd around.  

No licenses needed to fish. No fees to park for the beaches (I don’t know if that was all weekend or only Sunday). Blessing of the Fleet weekend. I went down the escape rd a couple times Saturday and didn’t see cars up to the end/rte 108. There were a lot of cars but nothing that unusual. 

4 hours ago, Two Rock said:

It's been getting more and more crowded every year, have yet to go this year but last year definitely noticed a much more pronounced Ballard's type crowd around.  

There were definitely a lot of college bros heading to and from Ballards in their short shorts and a lot of sloppy drunks of all types.