Rate this topic

18 posts in this topic

I just wanted to say thank you for a great gathering of the West Coast Crew. It was nice to meet y'all and have a chance to chat. Great group of people. I look forward to the next one.

Best,

Tom

It was our 1st HatFling. My husband and I enjoyed meeting, talking and sharing food with all you folks. Inspired to try and hit the beach sometime this week. Thank you all for being so welcoming!

Can't wait for the next one...always awesome to hang out with the crew.. Test cast my new skerdycat and slim spook in the lake this morning to get a idea.. they are definitely surf lures not lake lures..  before I went to the lake I fished the beach. Fished my bamboo rod for about 3 hrs dropped bottom out tide.. what a work out that was.. 3 oz doest even load that thing up.. the ancient reel seet cuts into my hand like a fillet knife.. just think what those old timers had to deal with.. I cast that thing a couple hundred times.. it's a beast.. it actually cast as far as my gsb,, maybe even farther.. 

glad other people's made it.  started heading down there from Sacramento 11a with my uncle.

both of us were looking to try different rods and set ups - dog just broke my rod and he starting out.

hit the 80 and that was the end of that.  started 2 hours and change.  3 red delays later - Fairfield, went to 3+ hours and we'd be at the beach after 4pm 

turned around and ended up eating in Livermore and headed back to sac. 

Note to self, don’t turn your back while they are conducting the raffle.  It will be over by the time you turn around .  Or in my case, testing rods.

F-ers !