Out of The LOOP On Blue Fish-- WTF

Rate this topic

Cheeckakoe

Boy have I not been paying attention to Fishing Regulations :banghd:  Was On Blue Crab Forum Site, and someone was getting hell for Posting he was using whole Blue Fish heads on some 10 drop lines being over the Limits on the heads. :argue:. I came to find out the Limit on Bluefish in Nj is Now 3 a day 5 on a charter boat from the 15 I remember.:headscratch: Are there really people who pay up to $100 to fish on a Party ( Head ) Boat for 3 Fluke or 3 or 5 Bluefish when the bluefish could be from 2 Lbs to 18 lbs. WTF Happened Seriously.. No wonder Sea Robins are becoming popular along with Skate Wings & Dog Fish  What next Bergaul Soup . OH I GOT IT A NEW JERSEY SALT WATER FISHING LICENCE :hooked:

Boy Is my grandson going to Jail :howdy: Oh photo taken 8 yeras ago :box: And no not to eat but for Fluke Bait

cccc.jpg

Edited by Cheeckakoe

Dan, while they did have a knife to bleed the fish, I was not concerned for my safety.

I can get crazy as well and have rolled many times with all sorts of folks and have come out on top more times than not.

If more people just spoke up this kind of thing would be in the past.

Thank you for your concern, dually noted. 
While you are right to be discrete as most of you here should be, sometimes I just can’t help myself.

28 mins ago, LowEnd said:

Dan, while they did have a knife to bleed the fish, I was not concerned for my safety.

I can get crazy as well and have rolled many times with all sorts of folks and have come out on top more times than not.

While you are right to be discrete as most of you here should be, sometimes I just can’t help myself.

I say sh-t too. But it don’t change nothing don’t kid yourself. I’m in NY a lot of poachers destroyed the rivers and ocean in the country they come from and don’t have much of a reason or care if they do it now. 

2 hours ago, LowEnd said:

Again I applaud your attitude and desire to do something but you never know who or what you’re dealing with.  They could be drunk or high or just have a bad attitude and you were outnumbered.  Thanks for what you did but be careful.

-

Been down this path, several trips to the ER. Sent some people there myself.

I was a bouncer in my younger days.

But your right, you never know. 
It’s not so much a desire to do something, I just know that most people are all bark no bite. 
If you remain silent then those people will continue to do the same thing because they think your scared or don’t care.

As far as poaching goes, it’s the ignorant greed that gets me.

40 pounds of blue fish that have been baking in the sun for 4 hours will not get you much.Maybe a stomach ache. Just flat out dumb.

Common sense is not so common!

2 hours ago, LowEnd said:

Common sense is not so common!

There is no more common  sense at all.

Bad day fishing is still much better than good day work.

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him had better take a much closer look at the American Indian.
                                                                                     - Henry Ford-

I am old enough to recall the 1970s and early 1980s on party boats and the boat handing out 40 or 50 gallon garbage pails or selling burlap onion bags to hold all the blues you would catch. Back then it was usually the Sound but a I recall a few trips on head boats out off of New Rochelle, Captree, Sheepshead, Montauk or NJ ports going out to all the classic spots (drifting the central LIS and offshore to the Tin Can Grounds, Cholera, 17 fathoms, Klondike and others).

Day and night trips, speed jigging during the day and bait fishing at night. Sooo many blues caught and kept, no releases back then. We/I would bring too many fish home to eat or freeze (never ended well) so we'd give them to neighbors. At its peak it was a slaughter, especially looked back in hindsight. So ignorant we all were back then, no foresight. 

And then there was the Boston mackerel fishing in that period.....

“No nation in history has survived once its borders were destroyed, once its citizenship was rendered no different from mere residence, and once its neighbors with impunity undermined its sovereignty.”

- Victor Davis Hanson 

17 hours ago, Cheeckakoe said:

Boy have I not been paying attention to Fishing Regulations :banghd:  Was On Blue Crab Forum Site, and someone was getting hell for Posting he was using whole Blue Fish heads on some 10 drop lines being over the Limits on the heads. :argue:. I came to find out the Limit on Bluefish in Nj is Now 3 a day 5 on a charter boat from the 15 I remember.:headscratch: Are there really people who pay up to $100 to fish on a Party ( Head ) Boat for 3 Fluke or 3 or 5 Bluefish when the bluefish could be from 2 Lbs to 18 lbs. WTF Happened Seriously.. No wonder Sea Robins are becoming popular along with Skate Wings & Dog Fish  What next Bergaul Soup . OH I GOT IT A NEW JERSEY SALT WATER FISHING LICENCE :hooked:

Boy Is my grandson going to Jail :howdy: Oh photo taken 8 yeras ago :box: And no not to eat but for Fluke Bait

cccc.jpg

Now think of the outlash if those were stripers. 

Blues get no respect. But IMO are just as important, maybe more important to the overall health of the oceans, than stripers. 

We need to do better. 

Btw. No disrespect to your kin with his fish, I've done the same myself and with my own children.  We (collectively) didn't know any better. But hopefully we will for the future.