Toad in Nj

Hockey 2021- 2022

Rate this topic

7,442 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, Lagerhead said:

You going out on the Elaine B ?

never again! i'm not even ready to talk about it and it was almost a year ago... going to hit the hook with a buddy from work. 

2 hours ago, Belmo said:

Did someone say "not bad"? :D

What, pray tell, do you need?

:laugh:

i think its the first guide after the tip on an 8 ft st. croix premier surf rod. its a back up/loaner rod. you could probably keep it a year and i wouldn't know.

2 hours ago, Belmo said:

I can do it -- can you post a pic? And how soon do you need it? 

44F1E053-8874-43B4-8AE4-4C94CC4B40C0.jpeg.faf2997138bf8d8a2c06673930a52044.jpeg4BDB257A-39A8-4A10-A4D6-365BB70362AC.jpeg.af6bd6e9ffda6682f4fe1ddc6f21eb89.jpegB8645E7E-15BC-4261-9813-0F52CD5D1EE2.jpeg.8e7ed69b3533e22e897280435e5c44ac.jpeg

i think i measured at around 11 mm outside diameter if that helps at all. only issue i have is already owe you a favor and a solid for waiting for my hangover ass to get out of bed so you could drive me to the pukefest, i mean rooner's tog trip.

2 hours ago, Tom T said:

Too soon

:agree: 

2 hours ago, Belmo said:

If it's one guide, I don't need more than a couple of days -- *ly. 

the hardest part will be me getting it to you.

1 hour ago, eddy said:

rocco

that's an 8' rod?

yes sir.

1 hour ago, quest450 said:

rocco

did you break the top guide ?

i almost started answering these questions :laugh: 

4 mins ago, rocco said:

never again! i'm not even ready to talk about it and it was almost a year ago... going to hit the hook with a buddy from work. 

I forgot you had a bad experience on the boat. Serves you right for not listening to me.

I meant too soon because Stan Jr, the captain,  passed this week. Unsure of what happened, medical emergency or accident, but he ended up in the water and they found his body on the outgoing tide. Good guy by all accounts even if his boat was the slowest in the fleet.

3 hours ago, quest450 said:

to avoid any further rod guide drama maybe you should buy a new rod

i actually just did. picked up a bottom of the line tsunamic classic series tscs 701h for jigging the flukes and togs.

2 mins ago, rocco said:

i actually just did. picked up a bottom of the line tsunamic classic series tscs 701h for jigging the flukes and togs.

Like a boss. :theman:

1 min ago, Tom T said:

I forgot you had a bad experience on the boat. Serves you right for not listening to me.

I meant too soon because Stan Jr, the captain,  passed this week. Unsure of what happened, medical emergency or accident, but he ended up in the water and they found his body on the outgoing tide. Good guy by all accounts even if his boat was the slowest in the fleet.

yeah, i drug you and chum into that debacle too. i tried listening to you, but your guy wasn't sailing for porgies and he told me the elaine b was. i guess that being the only boat should have been my first clue. 

sorry to hear about stan. sounds like he went in the water in the harbor? helluva way to go. seemedd like that boat was in the family a long time.