SalmonAndStriper Stalker

Funnyfish 2021

Rate this topic

814 posts in this topic

On 10/12/2021 at 3:57 PM, Steel Pulse said:

It’s not done yet. It was on good today. Gorgeous day to be out there too. 

There’s acres of hungry feeding albies and bones still around.  Acres.   Just have to know where to look.   It’s not going to end anytime soon 

Posted (edited) · Report post

I agree. I saw plenty yesterday. They are also in a few spots that you wouldn’t think to look too,  which is even better. Plus boat traffic is definitely calming down. We fished for almost 8 hours yesterday along a popular stretch and really didn’t have to fight any boats. That was refreshing. Did not find any bones though unfortunately. 

Edited by Steel Pulse

26 mins ago, MVDCGTO said:

There’s acres of hungry feeding albies and bones still around.  Acres.   Just have to know where to look.   It’s not going to end anytime soon 

Well, chilly SSTs certainly aren't going to be the factor that gives them the boot anytime soon. Near record-warm temps throughout most SNE coastal waters. 

Although not albie territory...here's the up to date plot of "Gulf of Maine" SSTs. Currently running atop all Oct 13ths, back to 1981. Over two standard deviations(dashed line) above the 40yr mean for this date.

oisst2.1_gom_sst_day_df.png.1c17b758809912cb7970d649fa24f5a8.png

Saw more albies today than I ever have.  Ever.  From 630-8 was the time.  Hooked up on first cast with my new custom weapon jr build.  Landed 4 more in rapid order.  Thought it was going to be PB day.  Spent the rest of the day throwing perfect casts only to be rebuffed constantly. My buddy got skunked but we still had fun laughing.

He commented after being surrounded by blitzing fish that it wasnt the fisherman that were fishing today....

Met another SOLer in person too.

31 mins ago, Sailah said:

Saw more albies today than I ever have.  Ever.  From 630-8 was the time.  Hooked up on first cast with my new custom weapon jr build.  Landed 4 more in rapid order.  Thought it was going to be PB day.  Spent the rest of the day throwing perfect casts only to be rebuffed constantly. My buddy got skunked but we still had fun laughing.

He commented after being surrounded by blitzing fish that it wasnt the fisherman that were fishing today....

Met another SOLer in person too.

I bet I was near you…. I was in a red paddle kayak and was late to the show.  I hooked 2, landed none.  It was a beautiful day, but frustrating as ****.  I was constantly in them for 3-4 hours straight- took me an hour or so to find them.  Despite the calm, wind they were surprisingly hard to see.

Edited by Fitzy

Almost a dozen from shore yesterday and today only the 1.  Damn wind shift.  Terrible year so far overall but I have some hope for the next couple weeks