SalmonAndStriper Stalker

Funnyfish 2021

Rate this topic

983 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, DAQ said:

Mmmm, Mmmm, falling off the bone! I have seen worse kept though.

Inkedhappyangler1_LI.jpg

Unless you're starving on a desert island, how would *anyone* look at that emaciated, partially rotting, fungal ridden corpse and say: yummy. now that's some good eats! 

And what about the guy in the background?? Dragging a similar beauty across the road...back to his whip? Holy Mary Mother of God. These people are insane

9 hours ago, rst3 said:

Unless you're starving on a desert island, how would *anyone* look at that emaciated, partially rotting, fungal ridden corpse and say: yummy. now that's some good eats! 

And what about the guy in the background?? Dragging a similar beauty across the road...back to his whip? Holy Mary Mother of God. These people are insane

I get a kick over people keep in these zombie fish. they are a fun fight, but give me steelies and big browns any day.  I don’t even eat the fish I just rather catch them then the salmon. Salmon are easy to catch 

10 hours ago, rst3 said:

Some people will eat anything that’s free. Gross!

I may have had a run in with a kmack or 2. Got snipped twice. One was trolling immediately after landing an albie. I checked the leader very closely upon release. Broke during the first run- figured probably an albie and not retying  after the fight. 

A pass or two later, felt what was the beginning of a bite, but I was snipped. 

There we’re definitely 3 ish pound class smacks shooting out here and there early in the am. But this time a year who knows, could’ve been barracuda or a manatee 

Edited by Pescador710

3 hours ago, Pescador710 said:

I may have had a run in with a kmack or 2. Got snipped twice. One was trolling immediately after landing an albie. I checked the leader very closely upon release. Broke during the first run- figured probably an albie and not retying  after the fight. 

A pass or two later, felt what was the beginning of a bite, but I was snipped. 

There we’re definitely 3 ish pound class smacks shooting out here and there early in the am. But this time a year who knows, could’ve been barracuda or a manatee 

could of been bluefish as well. been some absolute gators around the last couple weeks 

9 hours ago, SalmonAndStriper Stalker said:

could of been bluefish as well. been some absolute gators around the last couple weeks 

Probably the most likely culprit but I’d like to think it was a manatee 

7 mins ago, Pescador710 said:

Probably the most likely culprit but I’d like to think it was a manatee 

If you were fishing the south side, it has been loaded with snapper blues the last few weeks.

We actually saw the manatee several years ago.  One guy kept screaming, "Its a walrus"....  

43 mins ago, kid_just_wants_to_fish said:

This weekend I went to Yarmouth for visiting friends. Over the course of sat and Sunday I couldn't catch a single striper. The beaches and inlets had lizardfish and tiny blues. 

IMG_20210926_080316688.jpg

IMG_20210925_080024419.jpg

Welome to Bassless river, I live in a black hole, that is my plug testing  platform 

You fish the jetty at end, usually schoolies and tooth bastages 

My buddy and I had a couple of frustrating days on the southside with fussy fish. The wind allowed us to get out Thurs and Sat. Went 3-5 on albies on Thurs, with a few snappers and a nice 36" striper out of a pogie school when we ran over to BB to get out of the wind. The best action was right after sunrise and we found a few pods that would eat. We got the crap kicked out of us at times, as we covered a lot of water. Had many great shots into really fussy fish, as they were on tiny anchovies. Saturday the conditions were better and the fish even fussier. We went 1 for 1 on albies and 3-4 on smacks with one cutoff. Friday we fished Sandwich and Barnstable to try to stay out of the wind and got into some schoolies under birds, but nothing that would get the blood flowing like the hardtails. I decided to bag it and not fish on Sunday, as we were both beat from 3 days on the water and I wanted to make it back to NH for my sons soccer game at 2:30pm.

I got my friend onto his first ablies ever, which was the goal. However, I left not feeling satisfied as I had hoped for at least one bang-up day where they were crushing everything thrown their way. 

Let’s hope they stay around a few more weeks. Colder weather for the next week or so could start to change things. 
Not my picture. 

1DC5A559-7ECA-408B-A62D-F222114648E4.jpeg