SalmonAndStriper Stalker

Funnyfish 2021

Rate this topic

668 posts in this topic

16 mins ago, Sailah said:

It's a 2020 etec 90hp.  New shaft is $750 but backorder.  One in ebay for $500.  I'll try heat straightening and see how close I can get it.  Should be able to get 0.002" between centers.

Jeez. Yes I’d straighten it or if not able to I’d make one before I’d pay 750 bucks. Good luck. 

I just watched this video where they cook an albie. It actually looks decent cooked with sesame seeds. I might have to give it a try. Definitely not cooking the head though. 

12 hours ago, Sailah said:

Prop is bent.  I put an indicator on shaft and it's showing 0.018" runout which isn't great but also not terrible.  Debating trying to straighten by pushing up on prop shaft with nut on using a jack 

20210914_151102.jpg.f42fbb8e5c079ae3f7cfff59c95a1e2c.jpg

Been through this before.  
Had decent success with the jack trick on a much larger engine.  

You could likely do this to get you through the rest of the season before reconsidering your options in the off season.  
Insurance will cover a new lower unit but the deductible and depreciation leave you with about 1/2 the total cost.

7 hours ago, z-man said:

I just watched this video where they cook an albie. It actually looks decent cooked with sesame seeds. I might have to give it a try. Definitely not cooking the head though. 

I’ll bet through some culinary wizardry someone could make sh*t palatable, but at the end of the day it’s still sh*t.  

Edited by Seadogg

21 mins ago, Rmarsh said:

Went out yesterday..... west end of buzzards bay......did not find any albies or bones.  What I did find was massive schools of menhaden.

Resized_20210914_091828.jpg

Same here, and we may have been in the same spot. Those schools were huge, and I only occasionally saw anything feeding on them. There weren’t even any osprey. Maybe everyone’s full?

20 mins ago, Steel Pulse said:

Acres of adult bunker in waters I fish. There are only a few fish harassing them

that I have seen. . Snag one accidentally and came back with this. 

14D0C245-4910-42F8-8778-1A4D9DF20C0C.jpeg

Sauerkraut’s was a lot bigger

17 hours ago, The Riddler said:

There are two rocks off Hyannis area where I also had the same thing happen. Sucks. Navionics even missed it. 

Can you identify the general area of these uncharted rocks, thanks

50 mins ago, ChuckieP said:

Can you identify the general area of these uncharted rocks, thanks

My Navionics card from 2016 does not have this rock marked. The app has it noted. A kind sole put out floating buoy this year. This rock has taken a lot of props over the years or worse.

702EF9BD-38E3-40C4-989B-6D74F209861C.png

F0E566A9-83C0-4D54-BFAA-6C00296BD631.png

6 hours ago, The Riddler said:

My Navionics card from 2016 does not have this rock marked. The app has it noted. A kind sole put out floating buoy this year. This rock has taken a lot of props over the years or worse.

702EF9BD-38E3-40C4-989B-6D74F209861C.png

F0E566A9-83C0-4D54-BFAA-6C00296BD631.png

Thank you for that.

On 9/14/2021 at 2:52 PM, Steel Pulse said:

The skunk is still not yet a reality for me. It’s coming but not yet. Few hard earned today. Peanuts are history. Bay Anchovies are now on the menu which will test the epoxy jig crowd. 

How do you match this bait? The fish puked up smaller ones but I mangled them trying to pick them up. It was awesome to see the coordinated feeds.

bait0913.jpeg

1 hour ago, PatchyFog said:

Meant to quote Jeff. 
How did you hit that? That rock is marked with a float and has been for years. 

Edited by Steel Pulse