Mack26

Uncle Josh back in business

Rate this topic

49 posts in this topic

I have 1 old jar red and white. It’s a plastic jar so not that old. I believe they came out for the freshwater game at first but then the salt guys discovered them and UJ started developing bigger stuff. Correct me if I’m wrong this was the tale I was told not researched really

Posted (edited) · Report post

I have an older book on jiggin FW & SW.  Uncle Josh has a page of all their  products. They had ALOT of really different shapes at on time.  

I remember a small teardrop shaped trailer that was for ice fishing.  I loved sticking one of those on a trout spinner or spoon!

Even the OG pork frog was good.  Weedless hook and a frog was my summertime staple.  Top of the lily pads or other choked out areas. BAM!!  Big nightcrawler also did it well. 

Edited by PSegnatelli

4 hours ago, Kones1 said:

I have 1 old jar red and white. It’s a plastic jar so not that old. I believe they came out for the freshwater game at first but then the salt guys discovered them and UJ started developing bigger stuff. Correct me if I’m wrong this was the tale I was told not researched really

You got any green, my jar broke and dried up.

Use it on needles 

i had 2 jars, and that stuff was the toughest bait ive ever had the pleasure of using. right before it went out of business. hope it comes back in all its glory

56 mins ago, bassmaster said:

You got any green, my jar broke and dried up.

Use it on needles 

Interesting, thanks for the tip. 

I am a creature of utility. Look up my thread on Chamois tails.

Yes, if given the choice as @BillZ
notes...the old school uncle josh is awesome.

But after the last 4 seasons using the absorber, I see no reason to go back.  I just gave away 10 jars of striper strips as I really will never use them again.

1 hour ago, puppet said:

I am a creature of utility. Look up my thread on Chamois tails.

Gee ........ How did i miss that thread? :headscratch:

Great idea, well put together instructional, can't argue on the action it gives .. :th:

Imo, I think it boils down to what folks are more confident in & maybe simple convenience.. I personally have never tried anything other than U.J pork rinds, I have no idea what these synthetic strips they sell even look like....

Best....

I got lots but I’m missing some split tails. I do cut the ones I got so I get what I want. They used to make the porker a thick white tail around 7 inch most amazing action. Green and black would be nice to have again. 

5 mins ago, Fly By Nite said:

lol

Not in Maine.  Maine DMR doesn't consider pork rind a natural, marine bait and is excluded for the circle hook rule...