Mack26

Uncle Josh back in business

Rate this topic

49 posts in this topic

Anyone else hear this? They are at ICast claiming to be back in business. Loved some pork on the back of my jigs, hoping it’s true.

22 mins ago, Mack26 said:

Anyone else hear this? They are at ICast claiming to be back in business. Loved some pork on the back of my jigs, hoping it’s true.

I saw a photo - new jar, same pork. I'd throw a jig more if these become available again!

I'm down to 2 1/2 cases of 5' white Striper Strips so this is good news as I do plan on fishing for at least the rest of this season. Then we'll re-assess & think over whether fishing next year is a good idear. 

Posted (edited) · Report post

9 hours ago, ermghoti said:

I loaded up on current-production pork trailers this spring, but it's still good to see.

Same. That said, I'd be glad if Uncle Josh came back.

I thought they went out of business because they had a production problem where they started slaughtering hogs younger and their hide wasn't thick enough for trailers. 

I doubt they're allowing hogs to age longer. 

Edited by RP McMurphy
Typo

The local tackle shop has pork rind trailers in various colors and sizes. The brand is Osprey Customs. I haven't tried them yet.

12 hours ago, RP McMurphy said:

Same. That said, I'd be glad if Uncle Josh came back.

I thought they went out of business because they had a production problem where they started slaughtering hogs younger and their hide wasn't thick enough for trailers. 

I doubt they're allowing hogs to age longer. 

That was exactly what I read, usable skin was unobtainable in commercially viable quantities. Maybe enough"artisanal" pork is around to make it doable?