Kings over Queens

Jobs I'd never do

Rate this topic

137 posts in this topic

The worst thing is as I'm getting older I am finding it impossible to burn the candle at both ends. Getting up at 2:00 am to fish from 3:00 to 6:00 then head to work for a solid 8+ just isn't happening...my time on the water has suffered immeasurably.  

Clerk in a convenience store. 

I don't have the temperament for stupidity. Older I get the less tolerance I have for dumbasses.

Add in most C-stores won't let the employees arm themselves and I'm definitely out. 

True story.

Years ago my ex-wife was offered a job in a C-store 2nd shift. Bad part of town. We talked it over and she ended up declining the job.

One week later a hood rat walks in blasts away. Kills three people including the clerk. That would have been my wife.

4 hours ago, mybeach said:

Best part about 5000 miles around Florida was all the 2 lane roads through farmland. Worst part? Being anywhere within 20 miles of Disney. Get out of that circle and Florida is beautiful.

Which town/city are you staying in?  The Princess is in Cleremont for a couple of weeks visiting friends.

Cabo

Posted (edited) · Report post

4 hours ago, Rocky_Point_Charlie said:

School bus driver. 

I love it.  

For me it would be anything that put my life on the line for other people's money.  

Edited by PSegnatelli

4 hours ago, mybeach said:

I don’t mind heights so much, but as soon as I have to work over my head up there, the ladder starts shaking. 

this is a weird thing. When I first got into my chosen trade, I could work at the very top of a 12' A-frame ladder, no problem. Now, 25 years later, and especially more recently, I find myself getting woosie on the last legal step of a 10' ladder. It's strange because I've never had any serious falls from a ladder.

Posted (edited) · Report post

1 hour ago, Chunkah said:

At this point I just don't want to do **** anymore. Been in business for 27 years and the constant worry about keeping clients happy, keeping up with paperwork, providing estimates etc., just sucks, not to mention most of my clients feel like contacting me outside of normal work hours is just fine. But I sure as **** could never work in an office, playing politics to get ahead, dealing with idiots all day would drive me crazy. If I could just do one job at a time I'd be happy, but there is too much to do and too little time!

I had 1 customer who had my cell number, everyone else could leave a message on the business number and I’ll get back to you.

I am glad most of my career customers expected 8-4 service hours. When the bigger azz hole companies started that 24 hour service I knew my days were numbered.

Edited by ted527

47 mins ago, Cabo2005 said:

Which town/city are you staying in?  The Princess is in Cleremont for a couple of weeks visiting friends.

Cabo

Clermont is where we were going every day to get away from the dombies. :) 
Its cool. Rte 50 is good. We got furniture and almost cars there. Big ass gun show at the fairgrounds last week. 

12 mins ago, mybeach said:

Clermont is where we were going every day to get away from the dombies. :) 
Its cool. Rte 50 is good. We got furniture and almost cars there. Big ass gun show at the fairgrounds last week. 

The girls went shooting today.  First time shooting this 9 mm pistol.

Princess.jpeg.55c72ca012a526ca37381e2aab51bf55.jpeg

Cabo

5 hours ago, RiverRaider said:

I helped cut down some relatively low hanging branches that were interfering in the church parking lot a couple weeks ago... I did not survive unscathed.. one of the guys I was working with came inches from being knock off a ladder

Insanely dangerous work 

Cool story bro.

43 mins ago, Cabo2005 said:

The girls went shooting today.  First time shooting this 9 mm pistol.

Princess.jpeg.55c72ca012a526ca37381e2aab51bf55.jpeg

Cabo

That place looked high end lol. Nice cars in the lot. Princess can kill.:)