HugeDinghy

Staffing

Rate this topic

161 posts in this topic

21 hours ago, Kings over Queens said:

That's because you have a healthy work ethic and self esteem.  

Boils down to this question, if you didn't have to work work for money, would you still work? 

Absolutely. 

12 hours ago, ted527 said:

Once you have enough why keep working? Makes no sense to me. I have friends with more than they’re ever gonna need and they keep going. Eff that

I would still work but some low paying job that I enjoyed. Like the boys club, or a charter for veterans. Something cool that I like and don’t care about the money. 

5 mins ago, HugeDinghy said:

I would still work but some low paying job that I enjoyed. Like the boys club, or a charter for veterans. Something cool that I like and don’t care about the money. 

It's called volunteering. I think you had another thread about that :howdy:

What did you get paid at your first job?

I think I made 3 something an hour sweeping , and stocking at the auto parts store in 1982.

18905.jpeg

9 mins ago, shb said:

What did you get paid at your first job?

I think I made 3 something an hour sweeping , and stocking at the auto parts store in 1982.

18905.jpeg

The fast food places are gonna price themselves right out of existence!!

If you can go to a sit down diner and get a full-blown meal with a salad , dinner rolls and a big ass plate of food and desert for less than a ****ing happy meal.

no need to ever eat fast food slop agam!

46 mins ago, Ditchbag said:

The fast food places are gonna price themselves right out of existence!!

If you can go to a sit down diner and get a full-blown meal with a salad , dinner rolls and a big ass plate of food and desert for less than a ****ing happy meal.

no need to ever eat fast food slop agam!

Have a friend high up in the restaurant and tourism advocacy arena.  Says that while $15+ an hour will kill actual restaurants, the Fast Food joints are actually pushing for it via lobbyists and PR campaigns.   They know that it is bad for their traditional resturant competitors and that with the flip of a switch, they can automate and reduce payroll below what it was at $8 an hour. 

1 hour ago, Finster said:

It's called volunteering. I think you had another thread about that :howdy:

Just posted this in another forum. Totally forgot about mentioning it in that thread. Me and a buddy from the chamber, and the mayor started a youth summer program with cops, in the city I was working. Got a program to run it for us. All the ****  going on was bothering me so I had to get it out. Mayor got the cops to commit and gave the kids, if I remember correctly,  a $500 payment for participating for the  Five week summer program. 

CC53D592-E5FD-453F-8ED6-3758FB292F8E.jpeg

FD87278E-8FCE-470A-8D01-039710C7E1B1.jpeg

Not sure what the job is, but I'd say look for a recent, non-technical, college graduate.  They are most likely not on government funding, reasonable smart and ready to work.  You may have to invest in some training, but they should be a quick study.

16 hours ago, Kings over Queens said:

You want dibs on my job.  No problemo.  

Not your job.  I thought you were pulling the plug on the life support equipment :shrug:

22 hours ago, Seabassplug said:

Ive had 4 interviews scheduled for my business, so far one had a car accident 3 hours before interview, 3 others no show!! my co-worker been maternity leave for 2 months, 3 ays off in the past 60 days, no good!

Well, I hope you’re making bank.

Dinghy, if it's part of the selection criteria, lose the X-years of experience requirement.  kids fresh out of college who haven't been tainted by this getting-paid-to-not-work bull**** are the ticket.  eager, no baggage, etc.

1 hour ago, JaseB said:

Have a friend high up in the restaurant and tourism advocacy arena.  Says that while $15+ an hour will kill actual restaurants, the Fast Food joints are actually pushing for it via lobbyists and PR campaigns.   They know that it is bad for their traditional resturant competitors and that with the flip of a switch, they can automate and reduce payroll below what it was at $8 an hour. 

Interesting.... private restaurants are gonna be gone except for the $30/plate  businesses. 

26 mins ago, Lagerhead said:

Interesting.... private restaurants are gonna be gone except for the $30/plate  businesses. 

That's exactly why the FF joints are pushing for it.   Plus, they can market themselves as social justice warriors. 

Finding people who want to work is a nightmare.  What's really irritating is you schedule an interview and 2 out of 3 don't even show-up, call or send an email.

Conventional wisdom is things will get better when the extra $300/wk. ends.  I won't be surprised to see them continue it or start it back-up as part of the left's "human infrastructure" bill.  What may make it worse will be whatever options are given to people for cheap obamacare as a result of being out of work.