HugeDinghy

Staffing

Rate this topic

161 posts in this topic

15 mins ago, Kings over Queens said:

Because you would have to work?  

4 mins ago, HugeDinghy said:

I guess that’s the part I don’t get. 

I know it's it's hard for some to understand, but there's a bunch of us out there that think work is highly overrated. We are fairly content limping through life doing just enough to get by. If I can get $875 a week on UC why would I go work 8-10 hours a day for $1000 a week? And don't give me any crap about work ethics or how it makes you a better person. 

17 mins ago, Kings over Queens said:

Good for her, and your brother that they can do that. 

My wife "retired" about 18 months before we started our family and hasn't been back to a job since.  Being a housewife and mom is hard work.  I wouldn't want to do it. 

You still have kids at home? I thought you were old like me.  

6 mins ago, HugeDinghy said:

I don’t think it’s that hard. Maybe in the summer when the kids are young. 

My wife never stops.  From the minute she gets up, she's doing something.  There is always something that needs doing, and she's doing it.

I've had to pitch in from time to time.  It's a pain in the ass.  

2 mins ago, ByronPA said:

I know it's it's hard for some to understand, but there's a bunch of us out there that think work is highly overrated. We are fairly content limping through life doing just enough to get by. If I can get $875 a week on UC why would I go work 8-10 hours a day for $1000 a week? And don't give me any crap about work ethics or how it makes you a better person. 

I can tell you this, pre-covid I'd have scoffed at this.  Today, I'm not so sure.  One thing for certain, my long range goals and plans have been accelerated.  

2 mins ago, Eagles Dare said:

You still have kids at home? I thought you were old like me.  

Adult kids.  24 year old is a merchant marine who is away for long clips and uses this house as home base.  22 y/o son and 21 y/o daughter are college students.

We're both 54. 

Just now, mybeach said:

So, you need janitors? Stationary engineers? Grass cutters? Boilermen? 

You looking to apply?

RI is nice except it's full of Rhode Islanders.  

5 mins ago, ByronPA said:

How long till you go on your annual government dole vacation? 

6 mins ago, Kings over Queens said:

Adult kids.  24 year old is a merchant marine who is away for long clips and uses this house as home base.  22 y/o son and 21 y/o daughter are college students.

We're both 54. 

So she’s part time if that. 

7 mins ago, Eagles Dare said:

You looking to apply?

RI is nice except it's full of Rhode Islanders.  

Like Florida. Would be one of the greatest places on earth if it wasn’t for the natives. 

May have related this story before - but why should or would they go back to work?

My boss had to go to our Puerto Rico office to straighten out a management problem last month.  Said it was insanity from the moment he boarded the plane with 'ethnic types that you could tell had never flown before - and all have attitudes and are looking for a fight'.  He's 6-6, always gets seat behind the bulkhead...gets there and 3 brothers are in there, says you are in my seat and they say no and ignore him.  Has to get stewardess to move them and that is a fight.  Stayed in a nice hotel on the beach, said they trashed the place, 'you would go no where near that pool if your wife was with you'

Ironically, wife works for an outfit based out of PR, she told her boss what I said, she said its true, she can't wait for unemployment to end, they go out to high end restaurants, walk out on the tab, with an attitude of 'what are you going to do about it' looking for a fight with cellphone in hand at the ready

Why work?  They're living the American Dream lol

7 mins ago, JaseB said:

How long till you go on your annual government dole vacation? 

Exactly 100 days after I get through today....