Rate this topic

161 posts in this topic

40 mins ago, Finster said:

You ain't fooling anyone..

There's a good heart under your crusty exterior :th:

^^^^^^Irony

Posted (edited) · Report post

5 hours ago, HugeDinghy said:

My oldest went down to SC with my parents in the spring. Figured if she was doing school remote she might as well do it from somewhere nice. She’s making over $300 a night waitressing. I’m kind of concerned that she’s doing too well and won’t want to come back. 

My gf’s oldest was a bartender until she completed her masters in healthcare administration this summer.  She worked for a very popular oceanfront restaurant with a bar and was making $2000-2500 a week easy.   But she hated the stress of dealing with customers and the crazy schedule.  

Edited by GeoffT

On 7/24/2021 at 2:23 PM, Finster said:

With a plate, a fork, and a knife?.

You've got better skills than me...

On 7/22/2021 at 9:32 AM, Kings over Queens said:

Good for her, and your brother that they can do that. 

My wife "retired" about 18 months before we started our family and hasn't been back to a job since.  Being a housewife and mom is hard work.  I wouldn't want to do it. 

It is hard…. But not having the pressure to deliver financially for your family is truly freedom. She’s fortunate she married a stud like you :p 

my works from home so all good. Plus she also is a full time mom and fantastic wife (Thank God)

Ive noticed service industry lacking in some places. All new staff at one of the diners I go to. They lack something. Nice enough kids but very distracted it seems and slow. 

hive me to seasoned waitresses with too much makeup on, stained shirts and greasy hair.  They get **** done! Lmao

On 7/23/2021 at 11:08 AM, woowoo2 said:

My 21yo daughter is pulling in $44K a year.

thats great. 

my 23 year old daughter has her own apartment and started out at 55k as a kindergarten teacher in a public school system. 3 years later and a bonus raise up to 59k. new car .summers off and she has been to Spain and Japan for 3 weeks each. Planning a Australia trip next summer. Not bad money for that age.  she is going to do on line college in September . something about more degrees means more money. as the old saying goes, your kids are supposed to have a better life then us.. well both my kids are off to a great start  which makes mom and dad proud.

6 mins ago, cleatis said:

I say we demand 32 hour four day work weeks.

Once my daughter passes Nclex test and starts nursing job she will work 3 12s a week after orientation is over.

On 7/26/2021 at 0:18 PM, ted527 said:

Once my daughter passes Nclex test and starts nursing job she will work 3 12s a week after orientation is over.

I used to do that years ago and absolutely loved it. Mon-Wed and then every third Sunday. It was the best schedule I ever worked in my life.