John P

Nothing going on in CT?

Rate this topic

49 posts in this topic

Just thought I would throw out there that my last 2 weeks of getting out indicates to me that the fish are really spread out and at least for the inshore guys not around.  I am amazed that there are so few boats out and about.   I'm guessing they are tired of burning fuel with poor results.  Yesterday I spent 21/2 hours out at daybreak in the boat and got 2 shorts for the effort. Some of my best spots were zilch.   Tell me I'm wrong please.

I find this time of year (and for the next couple months) it really turns into a night bite. The fish for me have completely shut down at the first sign of light. 

29 mins ago, FlukeOff said:

I find this time of year (and for the next couple months) it really turns into a night bite. The fish for me have completely shut down at the first sign of light. 

Been here in SW CT since 7/2 .... have 2 schoolies & 1 Sea Robin after 5 trips (shore bound) all pre-dawn to hr. past  dawn. 

Had more fish last year during same time frame...we'll see if it gets any better.

1 hour ago, gman1253 said:

Been here in SW CT since 7/2 .... have 2 schoolies & 1 Sea Robin after 5 trips (shore bound) all pre-dawn to hr. past  dawn. 

Had more fish last year during same time frame...we'll see if it gets any better.

Yikes. Yea, that's a rough stretch for sure. I'm on the other side of the state and actually find that June is my toughest month. July has treated me fairly well so far although I do enjoy that first hour of light for topwater and that has been non-existent for me the past 2 weeks. Hopefully things pick up for you guys in that part of the state.

1 hour ago, FlukeOff said:

Yikes. Yea, that's a rough stretch for sure. I'm on the other side of the state and actually find that June is my toughest month. July has treated me fairly well so far although I do enjoy that first hour of light for topwater and that has been non-existent for me the past 2 weeks. Hopefully things pick up for you guys in that part of the state.

Well outgoing has been always been best for me over the years where I fish, but this year has been worse than last for sure.

There were a lot of schools of small stripers about a mile offshore when I was bottom fishing last weekend. Porgies seem to be everywhere this year, sea bass are out deep 75-100’ and fluke seem pretty non-existent. 

FWIW I haven't found that to be the case across the sound. Boat traffic does seem down a bit but the bite's been good first light until about 6:45-7:00 in most of my go to's. Shallow water, flies and pencil poppers. Hope it turns on for you after the moon. 

On 7/24/2021 at 5:32 AM, jimmy z said:

it's Ct. Nothing prolly till Sept. :howdy:

Hogwash, fish are out there, you just need to know where to look. My son went out early this morning, we now have move than enough fluke fillets in the fridg for our family of 5 tonight.

Posted (edited) · Report post

1 hour ago, Bass Ackwards said:

Hogwash, fish are out there, you just need to know where to look. My son went out early this morning, we now have move than enough fluke fillets in the fridg for our family of 5 tonight.

Fluke? I did that Fluking thing years ago, when I was a lad. Lol

I only target bass:howdy:

Edited by jimmy z

1 min ago, jimmy z said:

Fluke? I did that Fluking thing years ago, when I was a lad. Lol

I only target bass:howdy:

Well fluke you then. :point: Just kidding Jimmy. Fluke is a far better eating fish.

219696651_10160176008602176_136734686927

3 mins ago, Bass Ackwards said:

Well fluke you then. :point: Just kidding Jimmy. Fluke is a far better eating fish.

219696651_10160176008602176_136734686927

Lol, I know 

And I agree,  Fluke is a  better tasting fish.  :howdy:

9 hours ago, Bass Ackwards said:

Are you guys consistently finding keeper fluke or was that a lucky morning?