caster1990

Abu Ambassadeur Morrum pics and info.

Rate this topic

6 posts in this topic

I have a few Morrums that I use for Fluking. I dont know a lot about them and as far as I know the older ones that are collectible came in gold and silver with the side plates a different color. I have seen the SX reel side plates in orange and gray and the AE74 reel has blue side plates. I have a SX1600C and a M3600C in silver with gray side plates. A solid fluke reel for sure! I prefer my Ambassadeur 1500C over these though. 

Indeed the 1500c and 2500c are great reels.

I wasn't sure if there many who fish the small Morrum here, but figure there are a few people who wouldn't mind talking story or sharing a few pictures. 

I have never owned one, but always liked how they looked. I do own a 3600 pro max that is nice, and isn't  bad to take down and clean after a day at the beach. I assume the Morrum reels would be similar to keep clean. The pro max does fine without a mag, but I noticed the new Morrum are magged.

Thanks for the input Slick.

The SX used bushings where the Mourum’s had ball bearings. The Mourum spinning reels command large $$$, check eBay prices. 

I have 5 or 6 Morrum 3600 & 5600 I use primarily in freshwater. I have flukes with one a few times but I don’t do that regularly. 

1 hour ago, XBMX said:

The SX used bushings where the Mourum’s had ball bearings. The Mourum spinning reels command large $$$, check eBay prices. 

It seems that the entire ebay /Abu market has been inflated by a small group of sellers from Japan. Yes, large $$$!