albacized

Moon appears red tonight

Rate this topic

17 posts in this topic

Posted (edited) · Report post

Noticed the moon looked different tonight (was reddish in color) and looked up the cause - smoke from the wildfires out west. Sun during sunset was more 'red' than usual. My cell phone can't capture a good pic. Looks cool though - similar to the color it becomes during a lunar eclipse but not as drastic

Edited by albacized

A friend just texted me to go outside and check it out… super cool but disturbing that it’s because of smoke from a fire over 2000 frickin miles away.

The end times are on us my friends :howdy:

9 mins ago, SkunkLuvver said:

A friend just texted me to go outside and check it out… super cool but disturbing that it’s because of smoke from a fire over 2000 frickin miles away.

The end times are on us my friends :howdy:

Imagine seeing this in 1883:

Heard 3,000 miles away, the explosions threw five cubic miles of earth 50 miles into the air, created 120-foot tsunamis and killed 36,000 people. Krakatoa exhibited its first stirrings in more than 200 years on May 20, 1883. A German warship passing by reported a seven-mile high cloud of ash and dust over Krakatoa.

l just went out and took a picture of the moon, it's hazy out side can't see any stars moon is so so.

DSCF3896 (2).JPG

45 mins ago, LB said:

l just went out and took a picture of the moon, it's hazy out side can't see any stars moon is so so.

DSCF3896 (2).JPG

That's a cool pic - thanks a lot

While this brought about some cool optics, it's not coming without a price - there is a pretty severe poor air quality alert today. So be a little careful out there if you have some type of respiratory issue

Allegedly this haze from the fires is only supposed to last another 24 hrs and then dissipate around here, according to the local tv weather people. 

10 hours ago, Sea Of Atlas said:

Imagine seeing this in 1883:

Heard 3,000 miles away, the explosions threw five cubic miles of earth 50 miles into the air, created 120-foot tsunamis and killed 36,000 people. Krakatoa exhibited its first stirrings in more than 200 years on May 20, 1883. A German warship passing by reported a seven-mile high cloud of ash and dust over Krakatoa.

The eruption was so intense it threw ash miles high and took months to clear up, with lower summer temps. From wiki:

"The 1883 eruption of Krakatoa caused average Northern Hemisphere summer temperatures to fall by as much as 1.2 °C (2.2 °F). One of the wettest rainy seasons in recorded history followed in California during 1883–84."

24 mins ago, bdowning said:

The eruption was so intense it threw ash miles high and took months to clear up, with lower summer temps. From wiki:

"The 1883 eruption of Krakatoa caused average Northern Hemisphere summer temperatures to fall by as much as 1.2 °C (2.2 °F). One of the wettest rainy seasons in recorded history followed in California during 1883–84."

The loudest explosion ever heard by man.

On 7/21/2021 at 8:04 AM, albacized said:

While this brought about some cool optics, it's not coming without a price - there is a pretty severe poor air quality alert today. So be a little careful out there if you have some type of respiratory issue

Today is nasty out my way, I thought one of the neighbors was burning trash.

Stinks like burning plastic in a way, a thick nasty haze in the air too, cant be good for you.....

Posted (edited) · Report post

I was in Hadley then Northfield today and the smell of burning trash/ rubber was strong in both places. I never smelled it last week but this time it low and dense. Hard to wrap my mind around the size of fire it would take to have its smoke causing problems 2000+ miles away. Brain is boggled.

Edited by SkunkLuvver

12 mins ago, SkunkLuvver said:

I was in Hadley then Northfield today and the smell of burning trash/ rubber was strong in both places. I never smelled it last week but this time it low and dense. Hard to wrap my mind around the size of fire it would take to have its smoke causing problems 2000+ miles away. Brain is boggled.

Very funny smell , even worse up your way according to a map I saw.

Nasty stuff.

We're getting the same thing in eastern/central mass. But unlike earlier, the haze is now very visible close to the ground and there's a smell of some kind (but it didn't really smell like wood smoke). At first I thought it was a local brush fire, but then I heard it was the wildfires again. 

NWO adding toxic chemicals to existing smoke////for cover, concealment,,,, ,,,, when conspiracy theories become reality......does anyone fully trust our.....?