bob_G

Ma Environmental Police

Rate this topic

104 posts in this topic

Why don't they respond to reports of unlawfulness on their phone systems.  

What the hell is it for .......it's become a joke!  :o

8 mins ago, flylikabird said:

A bad joke.

1 hour ago, bob_G said:

Why don't the Environmental Police publicize their arrests on their FB page anymore?

Good question.

R.I. still posts their once a month poaching bust on FB.  Maybe poaching in Massachusetts is no longer an issue.  :laugh:

1 hour ago, bob_G said:

Why don't the Environmental Police publicize their arrests on their FB page anymore?

Most likely in fairness to the individuals who might not be charged.

Say someone is arrested…..but then the charges are dismissed. Years later a prospective employer goes online to check the guy out before hiring him. Finds out he was once arrested by the EPO.  Good chance he stops right there and doesn’t offer the guy the job.  

That on line arrest report will follow the guy for the rest of his life…..even though he was not charged.

Fair?

2 mins ago, Joe G said:

Say someone is arrested…..but then the charges are dismissed. Years later a prospective employer goes online to check the guy out before hiring him. Finds out he was once arrested by the EPO.  Good chance he stops right there and doesn’t offer the guy the job.  

That on line arrest report will follow the guy for the rest of his life…..even though he was not charged.

Fair?

Yes, I understand that.  But surely they must have made some arrests, and been awarded convictions, written citations, confiscated fish and gear in the interim.   

Why aren't those being published?

2 mins ago, bob_G said:

Yes, I understand that.  But surely they must have made some arrests, and been awarded convictions, written citations, confiscated fish and gear in the interim.   

Good point.

One would think they would want to wave the flag and publicize their accomplishments especially in light of the criticism they receive from time to time. 

51 mins ago, bob_G said:

It’s probably because they are too busy drinking coffee to go arrest someone for poaching. :laugh:

Posted (edited) · Report post

5 hours ago, flylikabird said:

The telephone systems? Fill out the online form. Give tons of detail. Calling dispatch or the county is the equivalent of call to Mayberry. Do you have a flip-phone or blackberry. ?

Calling a number and complaining to dispatch is silly and has been for a decade or two. Just try the new ( 2009) technology and fill out the form online. You will be surprised. Those EPO's have crazy technical stuff like smartphones , messaging , and emails. Crazy hi-tech stuff. 

Edited by FEW3

9 hours ago, bob_G said:

All a deterrent.

10 hours ago, Joe G said:

Fair?

I know what you are saying but is this different from other reasons? What if they are arrested for dwi? 

I know what you you are saying though as a friend was arrested for dwi driving a snowmobile and it made the news. Charges later dropped but no news to claim his innocence. He could not find another job for years and that was why. 

NH F&G is a social media junkie. They post their activities for all to see - good and bad. They even did this before Northwoods law.

MA should at least respond to reports of violations and advertise to yield and deter others at least to advertise they are out doing this. ...and in some cases, where there are bigger problems, fix the education and monitoring aspects. It’s like they are not interested though?

6 hours ago, FEW3 said:

The telephone systems? Fill out the online form. Give tons of detail. Calling dispatch or the county is the equivalent of call to Mayberry. Do you have a flip-phone or blackberry. ?

Calling a number and complaining to dispatch is silly and has been for a decade or two. Just try the new ( 2009) technology and fill out the form online. You will be surprised. Those EPO's have crazy technical stuff like smartphones , messaging , and emails. Crazy hi-tech stuff. 

Here?

https://www.mass.gov/orgs/massachusetts-environmental-police

7 hours ago, FEW3 said:

Do you have a flip-phone or blackberry. ?

No Andy......I own one of those new fangle smmmaaaat phone thingamajiggy's.

60f80dc0dfff2_goober2021.jpg.6b6431e7f26854c113bf39fc05bc8dfe.jpg

Posted (edited) · Report post

My son's good friend is an EPO.  I've talked with that officer and learned quite a few things.  The size of their individual patrol range is huge.   If they've been assigned to watch for illegal ATV use on the far end of their area and a call comes in for a poached fish on the other end of their area they can't respond to the poaching.  To leave the ATV investigation is to guarantee nobody gets caught.  They are vastly understaffed for the nonsense that goes on today.

Edited by clambellies