Capt.Castafly

RI Fish Report Blog. July 21 - July 28

Rate this topic

35 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, mikez2 said:

This took longer than I thought to go south.

You guys went pretty easy on him. I was expecting better. 

He usually gets bullied way sooner. These guys have gone soft.

50 mins ago, Kima said:

He usually gets bullied way sooner. These guys have gone soft.

That's just what I was thinking too.

I'm not sure it's really bullying if a guy comes in and makes In Your Face posts about slaying every night, fish on every cast when no one else is catching, outs a popular spot with a glory pic, practically brags about wasting a cow, admits to hanging out with poachers while also claiming to call in poachers.

Kinda askin' for it. Leading with his chin. 

4 hours ago, LockedDrag said:

You know, I don’t know what’s up the other members’ and your butts. I post a pic to contribute to the fishing reports as I always try to do to help others. Like damn, why y’all so salty? Since you all are so high and mighty, I will become part of the problem. catch me if you can lol good luck to you social justice warriors. 

You seem like a decent guy and try to do the right thing. Your friends don’t seem like good people. Maybe it’s time to find a new group of friends to fish with so you aren’t part of their illegal activities. If they get busted while your with them you’ll go down too. 

On 7/23/2021 at 7:27 AM, LockedDrag said:

First legit surf beast for me this year. Night bite was painfully slow but picked this half dead beast up on the smaller doc. Unfortunately it didn’t make it. Embarrassing hit. no fight or drag scream to speak of. Landed in under 3 minutes. Pic was taken from a distance and doesn’t do it justice. 42lbs. 

2E87C12B-62C1-4783-85A7-7F53D0627CC2.jpeg

Nice fish! i remember when i first got serious with surf fishing/plugging must have been atleast 5+years ago now you were slaying blue fish and i was like dam "this lil dude is a beast!!" you even gave me some tips on which pencils i should buy and what not for better casting and even offered me a-couple blues to take home! solid dude you are man nice to see your still killing it!

Was out today in my 17’ boat.    Perfect boating conditions.   Started in Ct and worked my way over to watch hill area.    Was looking for bonito but casually.   Such a nice day turned into more of a boating trip as I could cover a lot more water than normal and wanted to check out south side of Fishers.   Pretty spectacular scenery.   Anyway no bonito seen.    Ran into small school of bass  that looked like they were filter feeding.   See video.    Caught one on 2-3” plastic before they went deep.   Other offerings turned down.    Decided to do some fluke fishing since I was off of Isabella beach but got zip except a few sea robins.   First time targeting fluke in 10+ years.   It showed.   Spoke with some guys at ramp and they had two keeper fluke but they had to work very hard for them.   Wrapped it up by anchoring in popular hang out spot, had a beer and took nap in the sun.   Fun day but fishing was not good.   

IMG_3229.MOV