Drew9745

WTT inshore for stand-up gear

15 posts in this topic

Hey SOLers. I'm basically looking to trade some inshore rods/reels for a few stand-up trolling setups. I know this is a generic post..but I have tons of inshore rods/reels, mostly conv that I can offer in trade for a pair of trolling rods/reels. Not looking for anything crazy, no Tiagras or 80TWs, but maybe something along the lines of a pair of 114H's, Avet LX, Daiwa 900s, with rod(s). I can reply with specifics (rods and reels) if anyone is interested. Thx guys and gals!! 

I have a pair of Penn 660 CHST (6', 30-80 lbs) Mariner Stand Up rods, with slick butts for rod holder use.  (Perhaps I attached a photo, and maybe not).  I also have a pair of Penn 6/O reels but they are not a matched set.   For that matter I have other reels, but all singles.  

Looking for a very modest trade -- a travel rod, or a fluke or tog rod -- to shrink the herd.

20210719_230144.jpg

Edited by midwestexile

7 hours ago, midwestexile said:

I have a pair of Penn 660 CHST (6', 30-80 lbs) Mariner Stand Up rods, with slick butts for rod holder use.  (Perhaps I attached a photo, and maybe not).  I also have a pair of Penn 6/O reels but they are not a matched set.   For that matter I have other reels, but all singles.  

Looking for a very modest trade -- a travel rod, or a fluke or tog rod -- to shrink the herd.

20210719_230144.jpg

Where are you located?

1 hour ago, Drew9745 said:

Where are you located?

I will happily mail the gear to you.  I reside in D.C. and have driven to Philadelphia and northern NJ for gear.  The rods and I are currently with the property I am clearing out in Illinois, so it would be far easier to mail my side of the trade now and sweat other details later.  

Hey guys sorry for the late response. Yesterday turned into a mess at work.. as far as gear to trade I have:

7' Daiwa Saltist NE rod with Saltist 20p reel

9' Emblem Pro rod with Penn SSv4500BLS

10' Emblem Pro rod with Penn SSv5500

All in excellent condition. Can post pics later. 

I have 2 stand up setups, a Penn tuna stick with a 9/0 senator filled with new 80 mono and a Daiwa stick with a Daiwa 600 filled with 50lb.

Both setups were used a few times years ago and then stored. Last year the reels were serviced, carbon fiber washers, and loaded up, excellent condition on both.

Don't need rods but can use reels.

I'm in NY, just above Norwalk, by New Canaan/Wilton.

Edited by Recoil Rob

2 hours ago, Drew9745 said:

Are the 6/0s 114s or 114Hs? What would you be looking for, $$, for the two rods and reels? 

One H, one not.  No line is spooled.

"Value" depends on a willing buyer, and along the Mississippi these are just useful as tomato stakes.  If you cover shipping,  it would be sufficient.  There would be 2 separate packages (for the rods and reels).

Edited by midwestexile