iphish

Lets talk travel trailers

Rate this topic

11 posts in this topic

Posted (edited) · Report post

Pop up campers need not apply

Any brands or models you like or dislike?  We're looking in the 26-28 length ( including tongue)

wife is retired and I will be short, looking at traveling, must sleep 4, must-have outdoor kitchen.

Thinking aluminum frame due to lighter weight and strength

Edited by iphish

bumper pull?

I had a 26 or 28 ft bumper pull it was a pain in the ass, had a 30 ft goose neck , it was a lot easier to park or turn around, no swaying or shoveling you if you needed to get on the brakes.

36 mins ago, redfishkiller said:

bumper pull?

I had a 26 or 28 ft bumper pull it was a pain in the ass, had a 30 ft goose neck , it was a lot easier to park or turn around, no swaying or shoveling you if you needed to get on the brakes.

You get much sway with your current house?

Worth keeping an eye on Craigslist/FB Marketplace. Usually a decent inventory.

I've got a 5th wheel. Travels much better than a bumper tow trailer, but you lose a lot of the truck bed. And you're always dealing with the 1" high rails when not hauling the camper.

Friends have a Rockwood (by Forest River). Seems well made. You're going to want a slideout or two if it's something you're planning on spending a lot of time in.  

1 hour ago, Eagles Dare said:

Worth keeping an eye on Craigslist/FB Marketplace. Usually a decent inventory.

I've got a 5th wheel. Travels much better than a bumper tow trailer, but you lose a lot of the truck bed. And you're always dealing with the 1" high rails when not hauling the camper.

Friends have a Rockwood (by Forest River). Seems well made. You're going to want a slideout or two if it's something you're planning on spending a lot of time in.  

One slide out for the living area is what we're looking. Travel trailers had a record year during covid and this year many dealer over sold on everything....a 30% better year than last year.  Not a lot of used. We going to pull it

3 mins ago, iphish said:

One slide out for the living area is what we're looking. Travel trailers had a record year during covid and this year many dealer over sold on everything....a 30% better year than last year.  Not a lot of used. We going to pull it

A bedroom slide is nice as well. 

If you're going the new via dealer route, southern NH has a bunch of them as I'm sure you're aware.  

Perhaps it's different elsewhere, but around here prices on used units have skyrocketed and new stock is limited.. 

I predict a giant glut of one-time used equipment in as little as 12 months. The dealer lots down here are LOADED with inventory. And all the storage lots are PACKED with owner rigs.