Fishing helmet

Rate this topic

night owl

That's it... I can't take the crowds anymore... I need solitude! After a 20 year hiatus,  I'm once again putting the wetsuit back on, grabbing the Van Staal, and putting on my spiked Korkers. But now I think a helmet is a good idea too. So  I was wondering what some of you mugs might be using.

I just bought the Petzl Vertex helmet. It's a nice helmet but it sits high on the head due to it's suspension system. I think it's better for tasks that deal with falling objects from above like tree work, etc. So what say you? Do ya know of a good helmet? 

1 hour ago, night owl said:

That's it... I can't take the crowds anymore... I need solitude! After a 20 year hiatus,  I'm once again putting the wetsuit back on, grabbing the Van Staal, and putting on my spiked Korkers. But now I think a helmet is a good idea too. So  I was wondering what some of you mugs might be using.

I just bought the Petzl Vertex helmet. It's a nice helmet but it sits high on the head due to it's suspension system. I think it's better for tasks that deal with falling objects from above like tree work, etc. So what say you? Do ya know of a good helmet? 

I’m assuming your concern is your head bashing against the rocks. Well when riding ramps on my BMX bike I wear a protec full cut helmet it’s about $75 bucks, not sure how the foam insert will smell after it’s been submerged in saltwater. But I haven’t gotten a concussion or splattered my briains on the concrete yet. From experience, they can handle a 15 foot drop to flat concrete at least once before you ha e to buy a new one. It still rings your bell pretty good and you still feel like crap the next day but you aren’t dead. 

I recommend this product.

1 hour ago, Dan Tinman said:

If fishing jettys is that scary to you, don't go.

Sounds like the man is going wet suiting, and once he is out on the water he's worried about getting hit with plugs, jigs and tins...:eek:

I know where he is coming from, fishing etiquette is just about gone.

Sorry don't cut it !!!

A friend of my was on a bite. When I got there found out he was in the hospital

jim.jpg.7e6d8364eef258b56c2961520ca37af3.jpg

jim1.jpg.407e0cb2436ad4fac2544102d0d761f4.jpg

Nineteen staples in his head. Like I said sorry don't cut it.

Edited by Lou T

Sounds like the man is going wet suiting, and once he is out on the water he's worried about getting hit with plugs, jigs and tins...

I know where he is coming from, fishing etiquette is just about gone.

First, I must agree.  Surf fishing etiquette doesn't exist any more.  

While he may be wet suiting, why the Korkers too?  The OP says he wants to get away from the crowds and wants solitude.  The need for a helmet still doesn't make sense, at least not to me.

-